Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jarrett Whitehead is a corporate and M&A lawyer based in London, and an admitted attorney in South Africa.
He advises on a wide variety of corporate transactions, with a focus on M&A transactions (cross-border and domestic) in the projects/infrastructure and energy sectors. Jarrett has experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, capital markets, joint venture and consortia work and general corporate advisory work.
He holds a bachelor's degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Prior to joining the team in London, Jarrett practiced as a corporate lawyer in South Africa.
Jarrett holds a Bachelors of Social Science (Politics, Philosophy and Economics) Degree and a Post Graduate Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from the University of Cape Town.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2018
- A Canadian multi-national oil and gas company on the disposal of an upstream oil and gas interest – completed January 2020;
- BP on a US$500m disposal of its Gulf of Suez oil and gas assets to Emirates National Oil Company subsidiary Dragon Oil – completed 2019;
- An Italian renewable energy developer on a revolving credit facility agreement for a South African solar energy project – completed December 2019;
- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia on a US$30m disposal of interests in a registered bank – completed November 2018;
- Renergen Renewable Energy on a secondary listing on the Australian Stock Exchange – completed November 2018;
- A Dutch multi-national geotechnical and geoscience services company with the divestment of its South African business and unwinding of its corporate structure – completed November 2019;
- A financing consortium on a reserve based refinancing transaction in relation to North Sea oil and gas assets – completed October 2019;
- Total E&P South Africa on a US$85m acquisition and back-to-back disposal of a participating interest in an offshore oil and gas exploration right – completed October 2018.
- Co-author - Global Legal Insights : Energy 2019 - 2020 (South Africa Chapter)
Available online at: