Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jon Ogle’s practice focuses on complex multi-jurisdictional insurance and reinsurance disputes, where he represents the London market and overseas insurers and reinsurers, and a wide range of general commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Jon regularly advises on third-party frauds at financial institutions, employee infidelity, industrial disease claims and civil liability, employers’ liability and trade credit insurance.
2003 - L.P.C., The College of Law, London, UK
2002 - Post-graduate diploma, University of the West of England
2001 - B.Sc., University of Bristol
- England and Wales
- Advising London market insurers and reinsurers in connection with over US$400m of losses arising out of the Algosaibi Group default on various banking facilities based on allegations of fraud and forgery.
- Advising insurers of a UK fund manager in connection with a significant claim (including allegations of misselling and misrepresentation) brought by fund investors arising from the acquisition of a public limited company.
- Representing a leading London reinsurer in relation to the Employers’ Liability (EL) Trigger litigation arising from asbestos-related claims which appeared in the Supreme Court.
- Representing a Lloyd’s syndicate in a reinsurance dispute arising out of historical indemnity payments made by mistake.
- Advising a Lloyd’s syndicate in respect of potential reinsurance recovery issues arising out of a US$95m marine cargo loss.
- Advising the London office of a leading global insurance company on its potential exposure to LIBOR-related litigation.
- Representing London market insurers in arbitration proceedings with the insured, a large international brokerage firm, in relation to significant trading losses accumulated in a client’s account in the US.
- Representing the scheme administrators of an Australian insurance company in arbitration proceedings involving a dispute concerning an excess of loss reinsurance contract.
- Representing a US-based insurance company in Bermuda Form arbitration proceedings against a large pharmaceutical company.
- Representing a New York-based fund manager in Commercial Court proceedings in England involving the purchase of shares in a leading Ukrainian drinks company.
- Representing a Czech factoring company in Commercial Court proceedings in England involving the non-payment of invoices by a UK based manufacturer.
- "Material change of risk; Keep an eye on the sprinkler system!," Insurance and Reinsurance NewsWire , November 2009
- "New UK Legislation Governing 'Corporate Manslaughter'," Insurance and Reinsurance NewsWire, November 2007
- "The English Court Provides Guidance on Compliance with Claims Co-Operation Clauses," Insurance and Reinsurance NewsWire, February 2006
Publication | January 19, 2021
Publication | November 15, 2019
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2020