Related services and key industries
Nimoy Kher is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer based in London.
Nimoy's experience covers court litigation, international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, focused on the energy and construction sectors.
Nimoy spent six months on secondment to the legal team of a UK-headquartered global energy major, where he gained experience in the energy and commodities sectors. He also has experience of conducting disputes in the India, where he previously practised as a barrister/advocate.
- Advocate, qualified in India 2017
- An Anglo-Spanish contractor consortium on a dispute brought by a prominent UK local authority before the High Court, in relation to a multi-million pound waste-processing facility.
- A global energy major in High Court litigation proceedings over its UK tax-liabilities for fuel provided across the globe to an independent aviation fuel agent.
- A global bank in complex litigation proceedings brought by various high net-worth individuals relating to certain tax-advantaged investment structures in the media and entertainment sector.
- A French multi-national engineering company operating in the aerospace, defence, transportation and security sectors in arbitral proceedings brought by a prominent UK-based defence contractor over a contract for the design and development of classified military equipment. The disputes are in the process of being referred to arbitration under the agreement.
- Various Indian and multi-national companies on a wide range of cases involving commercial law, company law and administrative (public) law before the High Court of Bombay and the Supreme Court of India.
- Corporate Powers as Powers Held in Trust (Parts I & II), Business Law Review (Kluwer International), January 2017.
- The Doctrine of Corporate Opportunity: A Comparative Analysis (Parts I & II), Business Law Review (Kluwer International), January 2018.
- The Panna-Mukta Arbitrations: The Indian Supreme Court Adopts a Pro-Arbitration Stance. Another Step in the Right Direction?, Lex Arbitri, August 2014.