Related services and key industries
James Elliott is a litigation and disputes lawyer based in London.
He is an experienced litigator in all areas of commercial litigation and has been involved in some of the largest, highest profile pieces of litigation, with cross-border elements spanning Saudi Arabia, UK, USA and Switzerland.
James has extensive experience as legal advisor and court advocate on multijurisdictional commercial litigation, regulatory and insolvency matters.
- Diploma, International Trust Management, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, 2020
- BA, Loughborough University, 2005
- LLB (Honours) degree, BPP University, 2010
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2006
- Cayman Islands 2015
- England and Wales 2011
Advised the joint official liquidators of SIFCO5, one of the Defendants, on Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi & Brothers Company (AHAB) v Al-Sanea & Ors, a US$9.2bn suit involving allegations of fraud arising from one of the largest corporate collapses of the financial crisis, and the largest trial and appeal in the history of the Cayman Islands jurisdiction.
• STEP, Associate Member
• Associate CIArb, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
• Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
• Member of the Cayman Islands Law Society
• Member of INSOL and RISA