Norton Rose Fulbright US MX, S.C.
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Hernán concentrates his practice on energy, project finance, public procurement, regulatory and antitrust matters. He has extensive experience in the implementation and development of infrastructure projects and financing thereof, including public/private partnerships, for a variety of industries, including power, renewable energy, oil & gas, petrochemicals, water, hospitals, toll roads and public infrastructure in general. He has participated in numerous transactions, both public and private, including projects launched by state productive entities Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) and Pemex. Hernán has also represented a variety of public and private entities including federal and local governments, developers, contractors, lenders and public entities.
Hernán has been active in advising clients with respect to the implementation of innovative projects and structures derived from the set of bills comprising the so called "energy reform," recently approved in Mexico in 2013 - 2014 in both oil & gas and power projects.
Attorney at Law (Abogado), summa cum laude, 2002
Universidad Latinoamericana, with honor, 2001
- Mexico Bar
· Represented Neoen in the financing of the 300 MW El Llano solar project in Aguascalientes, Mexico. The financing consisted of a US$143 million term loan and a US$5 million letter of credit facility.
· Representing the lender in the potential financing of the 66 MW Kabil wind project located in Yucatán, Mexico with PPAs awarded in the first clean energy long-term auction.
· Represented Enel Green Power on the sale of 80 percent of the share capital of a Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio of eight renewable energy projects with a total generating capacity of 1.7 GW. The transaction is worth US$1.35 billion and subsequent US$605 million financing of three solar projects from the portfolio: Villanueva I (470 MW), Villanueva III (350 MW) and Don José (220 MW). This transaction was named the 2018 "Americas Solar Deal of the Year" by Project Finance International.
· Represented Enel Green Power in financing a portfolio of three major renewable energy projects in Mexico.
· Represented the lenders, led by the development bank Nacional Financiera (Nafin), in the loan to Desarrollos Eólicos Mexicanos de Oaxaca 1, S.A. de C.V., during the construction and operation of stage one of a 90 MW wind power plant located in the State of Oaxaca, Mexico.
· Represented a multinational power company in its investment in a joint venture with a Mexican investor for the development, ownership and operation of commercial and industrial-distributed generation solar photovoltaic projects in Mexico.
· Represented Enel Green Power in relation to anti-trust clearance during the US$1.35 billion sale of a Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio of eight renewable energy projects.
· Represented Grupo Dragón in relation to the anti-trust clearance for the US$94.6 million sale of all of Grupo Dragón's ownership interest in two wind farm projects located in the States of Jalisco and Chiapas, Mexico.
· Represented ENR AGS in the financing of a 375 MWAC solar plant to be developed in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
· Represented Enel Finance International in the granting of 2 secured loans for the development of 2 wind projects in Mexico.
· Represented Envision Energy Jiangsu in connection with its equity investment in Eólica del Golfo 1, for the development of a 70 MW wind farm in México.
· Represented ENGIE (GDF Suez) in the acquisition of its first renewable energy project in Mexico, located in the state of Sonora, with a capacity of 15 MW.
· Represented PowerChina in connection with its assessment in the development and construction of a 270 MW hydroelectric power project in Mexico for the Mexican Federal Electricity Commission.
· Represented a Danish wind energy producer in several regulatory and transactional matters in connection with two wind farm projects in the states of Oaxaca and Tamaulipas, Mexico.
· Represented a consortium of European renewable energy generators in the negotiation of solar power purchase agreements with off-takers and obtainment of regulatory approvals before the Energy Regulatory Commission.
· Represented certain European government agencies in the analysis and evaluation of their participation in various solar and wind energy projects in Mexico.
· Advisor to the group of lending institutions led by the development bank Nacional Financiera (Nafin), regarding the funding given to Desarrollos Eólicos Mexicanos de Oaxaca 1, SA DE CV, a subsidiary of Renovalia Wind Internacional, LS, a Spanish wind energy company, during the construction and operation of stage one of Piedra Larga wind energy plant, which will generate 90 MW of energy of the 227 added MW, to be located in the State of Oaxaca, Mexico.
· Represented and advised GMR Infrastructure Ltd. with regards to the sale of its portfolio Integren B.V., which included the "La Rosita" and "Bajío" PPP energy supply projects.
· Represented and advised a consortium led by Ingenieros Civiles Asociados regarding the financing of approximately one billion dollars to be allocated to the construction of the "La Yesca" hydroelectric plant, with capacity to generate as much as 750 MW, to be located in the State of Jalisco, Mexico, under the public financing works program tendered by the CFE, including the modifications and adjustments made to the Project thus far.
· Represented the World Bank in the analysis and evaluation of the electricity purchase agreement to be used in the tender of the first independent wind energy production project to be implemented by the CFE in La Ventosa, Oaxaca.
· Representing a Canadian company in the process to incorporate a Mexican SPV and obtain a permit from the Energy Regulatory Commission to perform qualified supply activities in Mexico. Our work includes the assistance in the process for registration and accreditation of the SPV as participant in the Wholesale Electricity Market, as well as day-to-day advice.
· Representing an international power generation company with respect to the Mexican portion of the arbitration to resolve a series of disputes with its EPC contractor.
· Represented Metco Energia S.A de C.V., a Mexican subsidiary of CWP Energy in obtaining an electricity supply permit before the CRE. Advice included assisting them in the market participant registration before the CENACE.
· Represented ENR AGS, S.A. de C.V. as borrower, in a financing, incorporation of security pack and incorporation of security trust under Mexican law, as well as coordinate and negotiate the VAT Financing to be paid during the construction period related to the investments derived from the works and expenses of an Power Generation terminal in El Llano, Aguascalientes, México.
· Represented Nomura in relation to the financing by Nomura to Electricidad Firme de México Holdings, S.A. de C.V. for corporate purposes, review incorporation of Mexican Securities and general security incorporation.
· Represented ENEL Finance International N.V. in the financing of Parque Salitrillos and Energía Limpia de Palo Alto to repay existing debt. Advice included review of the incorporation of Mexican Securities and Security Trust.
· Represented ENEL Finance International N.V. in the execution of a subordinated loan agreement and the incorporation of the new creditor into the security trust agreement through an assignment and adherence agreement.
· Represented and advised a major international power producer in potential alliances and ventures with local partners to undertake cogeneration projects in Mexico.
· Representation of a financial institution in its participation in the public bid for the Noreste IPP Project for the construction, ownership and operation of a combined cycle gas turbine power plant and related facilities to be located in the Municipality of El Carmen, Nuevo Leon.
· Represented a major international power producer in the private bid launched by PMX Cogeneración, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in order to design, build, commission, operate and maintain a power generation plant, under a gas fired cogeneration modality, in Salina Cruz, Oaxaca, with an estimated generation capacity of 517 MW of electric energy and 850 tons per hour of steam.
· Represented Calyon, West LB and Export Development Corporation regarding the US$340 million financing of the prepayment and acquisition of the Transalta Mexican PPP projects, combined cycle gas plants in Chihuahua and Campeche on the part of Intergen B.V.
· Represented the consortium made up of Marubeni Corporation and International Power, regarding the audit for the acquisition of the EDF portfolio in Mexico (including the "Río Bravo", "Saltillo", "Río Bravo III", "Río Bravo IV", and "Altamira" PPPs).
· Represented Citibank and Banco Nacional de México regarding their participation in the reconfiguration of the "Laguna Verde" thermonuclear plant. The operation had an approximate value of US$900 million under the concession of Public Works, tendered by the Federal Competition Commission.
Oil & gas
· Represented SMBC and a consortium of banks on the US$870 million loan to a Netherlands-incorporated SPV as the debt component of the financing of a 15-year FPSO chartering service for Eni Mexico. Our advice included legal and regulatory due diligence services for the project, including the requirements for the importation of the FPSO unit into Mexico, as well as assistance in the review and negotiation of financing and security documents.
· Represented Nomura in its participation as lender in the structuring and negotiation of a the financing to a consortium of Mexican companies (Arendal, COMMSA and COTEMAR) to fund the construction of offshore pipelines in the Gulf of Mexico by the borrowers, as contractor under certain EPC Agreement entered by the borrowers and PEMEX Exploración y Producción.
· Assisted Braskem Netherlands in the review of an agreement for the supply of liquid ethane, in connection with its proposal to submit a bid under a tender process to supply ethane to a facility in Mexico.
· Represented Qatar Petroleum in the bidding process Round Two CNH-R02-L04/2017 in deepwater, securing and resulting awarded with 5 license contracts.
· Represented the insurance underwriters during the milestone integration of Sierra Oil & Gas' business into a subsidiary of Deutsche Erdoel AG in Mexico.
· Advised a major oil company in connection with the contractual remedies available in light a potential dispute with respect to a Firm Storage Services Agreement entered into in connection with a major natural gas liquefaction and export project developed in Baja California, Mexico.
· Represented Darby Fund III Holdings, L.P., a subsidiary of Darby Latin American Private Debt Fund III, L.P. and Darby Latin American Private Debt Fund IIIA, L.P., on a working capital loan to NEOgás do Brasil Gás Natural Comprimido S.A.
· Represented the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in the Mexican spectrum of the financing granted in favor of the Palliser Group, including the granting of securities under Mexican law.
· Represented the National Bank of Canada in the Mexican spectrum of the financing granted in favor of Eddyfi, NDT, Inc. including the granting of securities under Mexican law.
· Represented Macquarie Bank Limited in the structuring and negotiation of the financing to HOC Offshore, S. de R.L. de C.V. (an affiliate of Arendal) to fund the construction of two offshore pipelines in the Gulf of Mexico by the borrower, as contractor under certain EPC Agreements entered by the borrower and PEMEX Exploración y Producción (PEP).
· Represented Macquarie Bank in the review of an issuance of an opinion, recommendations and corporate strategy to Macquarie regarding certain factoring transaction which would include receivables stemming from certain Pemex Contracts.
· Represented Petrofac in the sale of its upstream operations in Mexico, including obtaining the anti-trust clearance for the transaction.
· Represented Shell Mexico regarding Shell's ongoing daily operations in Mexico and certain specific oil & gas projects advice.
· Represented C&PL in its negotiations for the migration of a risk services contract for the exploration and production of crude oil and/or natural gas, with Pemex Exploration and Production.
· Advised in relation to issuance of an opinion, recommendations and corporate strategy regarding certain factoring transaction envisaged by Nabors which would include receivables stemming from certain Pemex Contracts.
· Represented Qatar Petroleum in connection with the participation of its wholly-owned indirect subsidiary in the fourth international pubic bid of round two issued by the national hydrocarbons commission of Mexico for offshore blocks.
· Represented Wren House Infrastructure on the Mexican law aspects of the multi-jurisdictional transaction comprising a US$550 million investment by the Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA) in Gas Natural Fenosa, including approvals before the Federal Competition of Economic Commission.
· Represented Braskem-Idesa during comprehensive legal advisory for the project "Etileno XXI," consisting of the implementation, construction, development and financing of the ethylene and polyethylene project, valued at some US$4.5 billion dollars, to be developed in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico. This deal was selected as 2012 "Overall Latin American Deal of the Year" and "Latin American Petrochemicals Deal of the Year" by Project Finance, "Americas Petrochemical Deal of the Year" by Project Finance International, "Project Finance Deal of the Year" by Latin Lawyer and "Deal of the Year" by Trade Finance. Hernán provided advice as to the day-to-day financing and regulatory aspects of the project. (2012-2016)
· Represented the CFE in relation to the evaluation of risks in liquefied natural gas re-gasification projects in Manzanillo, Colima and Altamira, Tamaulipas, as well as legal risk assessments and contractual renegotiations.
· Represented and advised the group of banks that would serve as lenders in the original financing proposal during the evaluation and analysis of the Los Ramones natural gas transportation project.
Infrastructure, mining and commodities
· Represented Banco Santander, S.A. on an ECA-backed credit facility guaranteed by Credendo and extended to TA 2000 S.A. de C.V. (TYASA) in Mexico. The loan will be used to finance the purchase of equipment for TYASA's plant in México.
· Represented RK Mine Finance Master Fund I Limited (A/K/A Red Kite Mine Finance), as lender, in a financing to Bacanora Lithium Plc in connection with the development and operation of several lithium mines in the state of Sonora, Mexico.
· Assisted Sandvik Mining and Construction for the Mexico portion of the multi-jurisdictional acquisition of DSI Underground.
· Represented the Federal Telecommunications Commission in the preparation of all documents needed to carry out the tender of one or more broadcasting frequencies. This included aspects relating to telecommunications and broadcasting, economic competition, and public tenders.
· Represented and advised the consortium formed by Korea Water Resources Corporation, Samsung C&T Corporation, TECHINT, Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd., and VISE in the evaluation, risk analysis, and preparation of the proposal for the international public tender for the design, financing, construction, installation, operation, conservation, and maintenance of El Zapotillo water treatment plant with installed capacity of 3.8 m3/s, as well as all related facilities, including an aqueduct located in the States of Jalisco and Guanajuato, Mexico.
· Represented and advised POSCO Inc. regarding the analysis and preparation of the proposal for the "El Ahogado" treatment plant, to be located in the State of Jalisco. The project had an approximate value of US$120 million dollars.
· Assisted with Mexican law advice regarding the restructuring of a loan and investment made by IFC, to Group Assa Corp.
· Represented and advised Boeing Satellite Systems International, Inc. (Boeing) in the evaluation, analysis, and review of all legal matters relating to the direct awarding and negotiations of a purchase agreement whereby Boeing will provide to Mexico, through the Ministry of Communications and Transportation, a new system of Mexican satellites made up of three "fourth generation" satellites to be launched in 2012, 2013 and 2014, as well as ground stations.
· Represented the Ministry of Health in the structuring and implementation of the Second Generation of Highly Specialized Hospitals in several states in Mexico, using the PPP system (including the regional hospitals of Ciudad Victoria and Ixtapaluca).
· Advised Banco Santander, S.A. on an ECA-backed credit facility extended to major steel producer Talleres y Aceros S.A. de C.V. (TYASA) in Mexico. The loan from Banco Santander is guaranteed by Credendo and will be used to finance the purchase of equipment for TYASA's plant in México.
· Represented HSBC, Banco BPM and SACE in the US$140 million facility to Grupo DeAcero, Mexico's largest steel wire manufacturer.
· Represented Banco Nacional de Comercio, S.N.C. in the structuring and negotiation of a US$101 million financing of AT Engine México (a joint venture company between Mexican and German investors) for the development and equipment of an industrial facility for the production of components for aircraft turbines using LEAP (Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion) technology, in Sonora Mexico. The sole buyer of all production by the facility is GE Aviation.
· Represented IFC in the review, financing and incorporation of security package of certain Mexican SPVs holders of Airport Concession Titles part of Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste.
· Represented Bancomext in the financing and incorporation of security package of a project for the development of an airplane turbine component plant "Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion" by AT Engine México, S.A.P.I. de C.V. for a credit amount of US$158.4 million.
· Represented Bancomext in the financing and incorporation of security package of the VAT investment for the development of an airplane turbine component plant "Leading Edge Aviation Propulsion" by AT Engine México, S.A.P.I. de C.V.
· Represented the Boeing Company during negotiations and advisory for the sale of the presidential aircraft to the Federal Government.
· Represented a global automotive supplier on the implementation of a whistle-blowing policy and program for a Mexican subsidiary including review of the Company Rules of System for Consultation and Report of Compliance Issues and the rules for the operation of the whistle-blowing hotline and services in Mexico in order to implement the project.
· Represented an international insurance company on the cross-border data transfers under Data Privacy Laws in Mexico and advised on the review and revision of the legal opinion prepared by in-house legal advisors emphasizing potential legal contradiction that may exist in Mexico between data privacy laws and AML regulations.
· Represented a multinational electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing company in relation to a global data export project in Mexico whereby personal data will be transferred from European Economic Area (EEA) entities to a number of non-EEA entities on a controller to controller basis and be exported to a company on both a controller-to-controller and controller-to-processor basis. To legitimize this export of data, the exporting local EEA entities entered in Model Clauses with the relevant non-EEA importer.
· Represented an international bank in relation to the outsourcing of its IT Service Desk (and related services) to a service provider outside of Mexico, which will provide the services to employees in Mexico.
· Advised an international insurance company in relation to the life insurance privacy notice, clients questionaries and sinister forms regarding the sensitive information requested and required consent.
· Represented an international airline in relation to a data breach affecting individuals in Mexico, including a general notice to be published on a dedicated website.
· Represented an international media group in relation to the implementation of their mobile application and online content platform, including the privacy notice and terms and conditions.
· Advised and assisted a Mexican subsidiary of a manufacturer in relation to a maquiladora located in Juarez to prepare data breach notifications and notify the affected data subjects to comply with Data Privacy Law in Mexico.
· Representing a middle eastern sovereign wealth fund on the Mexican component for the structuring of an equity participation (for an undisclosed amount) in a mining exploration company for the development of a lithium mining and processing project located in Sonora Mexico.
· Representation of Megaport in connection with obtaining the official authorization issued in favor of its Mexican subsidiary, Megaport Networks de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. to operate as a retailer (comercializadora) of telecommunications services in Mexico.
General Project Finance
· Represented Accenture Mexico in the Acquisition of N3 Results México and assisted in the international corporate restructure for parent companies and transfer of equity quotas.
· Represented Bancomext in the perfection of the Security Trust Agreement through the assignment of assets into the estate of the Security Trust.
· Advised HSBC Bank plc, in the review of certain mortgage over helicopter, its release under Brazilian law and its re-incorporation under Mexican Law.
· Represented HSBC in the review and issuance of a Legal Opinion based on the corporate structure, existence and validity over Deacero, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in connection to that certain loan agreement for financing its general corporate purposes.
· Represented Goldman Sachs in relation to the financing of PQ México and incorporation of Mexican securities over assets and shares.
· Represented Macquarie Bank in the negotiations with Arendal Group in connection with the release of certain security trust agreement and the assets transferred to the estate thereto.
· Represent Marks on the negotiation and settlement regarding delivery of certain assets and payment of pending fees to service provider under Mexican Law.
· Assisted ED&F Man Holdings Limited in restructuring commodities and asset-based debt involving Societé Générale, HSBC UK Bank plc, BNP Paribas (Suisse) S.A., ING Bank N.V., Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. and others as lenders.
· Represented Société Générale, as transferee, on the repeated transfer of rights to receive interests by Anheuser-Busch Netherlands Holding II, as transferor, under certain loan agreement entered with Cervecería Modelo de México, S. de R.L. de C.V., (formerly known as Anheuser-Busch Mexico Holding, S. de R.L. de C.V.)
· Representation of Société Générale, as lender in connection with the facility granted to two Mexican subsidiaries of Alpek. Alpek is North America's leading integrated polyester producer, and Mexico's only manufacturer of polypropylene.
· Represented Landesbank Baden-Württemberg, the syndicate of banks which comprises, amongst others Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, BayernLB and Helaba, in the EUR$150,000,000 restructuring finance of Allgaier Group.
· Representation of National Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, in connection with a US$370,875,000 syndicated credit agreement entered into with Eddyfi NDT. Eddyfi provides the highest performance Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspection technologies in the world, helping OEMs and service companies enhance productivity, save lives, and protect the environment.Represented National Bank of Canada in its capacity as administrative agent with respect to a C$70,000,000 syndicated restructuring finance of PPD Group.
- Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyer, International Firms: Projects and Energy, The Legal 500, 2018 – 2021, 2023
- Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyer, Mexico: Energy and natural resources, The Legal 500, 2023
- Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyer, Mexico: Projects and infrastructure, The Legal 500, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, Energy Law, Best Lawyers, 2019 – 2023
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, Project Finance and Development Practice, Best Lawyers, 2023
- Co-author, "Mexico moves to nationalize lithium mining;" April 28, 2022
- Co-author, "Mexican Supreme Court's controversial decision on power sector;" April 8, 2022
- Co-author, "New amendment to the Hydrocarbons Law regarding Asymmetric Regulation;" May 20, 2021
- Co-author, "Mexico's Antitrust Agency launches investigation on anti-competitive practices in the power sector;" May 7, 2021
- Co-author, "Outsourcing Reform in Mexico potentially affecting projects;" April 26, 2021
- Co-author, "Mexico's antitrust agency finds evidence of possible cartel arrangements in the LP gas market;" March 23, 2021
- Co-author, "New obstacles to private power projects in Mexico;" February 5, 2021
- Co-author, "Suspension of legal terms and deadlines of Mexico's Energy Regulatory Commission;" January 19, 2021
- Co-author, "Major water PPPs announced in Mexico;" October 29, 2020
- Co-author, "Antitrust investigation on key online services in Mexico;" October 23, 2020
- Co-author, "Online advertising and related services under antitrust investigation in Mexico;" August 25, 2020
- Co-author, "Mexico City subway renovation project launched, public tender announced;" June 24, 2020
- Co-author, "Mexican Competition Commission criticizes actions against wind and solar projects;" May 8, 2020
- Co-author, "Global antitrust and competition trends for 2020;" May 4, 2020
- Co-author, "Mexico COVID updates;" April 22, 2020
- Co-author, "Mexico: Breaking updates on COVID-19: Sanitary emergency period extended;" April 22, 2020
- Co-author, "Credit for compliance: Achieving the benefits of a robust antitrust compliance program;" April 8, 2020
- Co-author, "Mexico: COVID-19 Update: Further clarification on the scope of 'Essential activities';" April 7, 2020
- Co-author, "Update on COVID-19 in Mexico: Additional extraordinary measures and essential activities mandated by the Ministry of Health;" April 1, 2020
- Co-author, "Breaking developments in Mexico amid COVID-19"; March 26, 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19: Implications from an antitrust and competition law perspective;" March 25, 2020
- Co-author, "ILO C098 set to become effective in Mexico;" November 21, 2019
- Co-author, "A new Mexican Asset Forfeiture Law;" August 13, 2019
- Co-author, "Mexico's Federal Economic Competition Commission on the amendment to the CFE terms of legal separation;" May 17, 2019
- Co-author, "Overhaul in the labor and employment industry in Mexico;" May 2, 2019
- Co-author, "Cartel investigation in the corn flour market in Mexico;" April 15, 2019
- Co-author, "Fifth annual focus on emerging markets conference;" March 21, 2019
- Co-author, "Nueva refinería de Pemex en Dos Bocas, Tabasco;" March 20, 2019
- Co-author, "Pemex to build new refinery in Dos Bocas, Tabasco;" March 20, 2019
- Co-author, "Bill to include social impact component in Mexico's mining sector;" February 5, 2019
- Co-author, "Changes in Mexico's upstream bids;" December 13, 2018
- Co-author, "Cartel investigation in the oil and gas sector in Mexico;" September 13, 2018
- Co-author, "New entities authorized to provide residential power service in Mexico in addition to CFE;" August 7, 2018
- Co-author, "New PEMEX procurement rules and mandatory compliance requirement for all PEMEX contractors;" July 23, 2018
- Co-author, "Mexico announces fourth long-term energy auction;" March 20, 2018
- Co-author, "Competition Commission Legal Opinion on airport fuel distribution;" March 16, 2018
- Co-author, "Illegal merger investigation in Mexico's diesel and gasoline market;" March 7, 2018
- Co-author, "Mexico's new interconnection and connection rules for power plants and load centers;" March 5, 2018
- Co-author, "New gas-focused upstream bid in Mexico;" March 2, 2018
- Co-author, "New cartel investigation in Mexico;" February 26, 2018
- Co-author, "Mexico's first public bid for electric transmission lines;" February 7, 2018
- Co-author, "Amendments to of the General Law of Commercial Companies regarding dissolution and liquidation of companies;" February 6, 2018
- Co-author, "New upstream bids in Mexico;" January 25, 2018
- Co-author, "Electricity Projects & Regulation 2017: Mexico," Latin Lawyer Reference, Aug. 18, 2017
- Global Renewable Energy Guide (Mexico Chapter). 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Co-author "Energy Reform with respect to Hydrocarbons" August 2014
- Co-author "Energy Reform with regards to Power" August 2014
- Co-author "New Federal Antitrust Bill" March 2014
- Hernan is a frequent speaker at forums and client events with respect to the new legal framework applicable to the energy sector in Mexico.
- Presenter; HSBC Biometric Webinar – Topics included use of biometric information in banking and data protection issued and the key concepts, privacy framework, use cases and key takeaways for data protection in Mexico.
- Former associate Professor at the Ibero-American University (Universidad Iberoamericana), Mexico City Campus (Contract Law).
Publication | October 10, 2022
Publication | October 2022
Publication | September 20, 2022