Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Advertising and marketing
- Corporate governance
Key industry sectors
Maija Kerry is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Sydney.
Maija has a general commercial advisory practice, working closely with clients spanning a broad range of industries, but with a particular focus on life sciences and healthcare clients and clients that operate in consumer markets, including retailers, maufacturers, ecommerce, FMCG and leading Australian and international brands.
Maija advises her clients in relation to manufacturing/supply, services, outsourcing & procurement arrangements; franchising, licensing & distribution; corporate governance; advertising, marketing and sponsorship and consumer law issues.
Practical, commercial and proactive, Maija works closely with her clients to ensure that her legal advice aligns with her clients’ commercial imperatives.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- High Court of Australia
- qualified in England & Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
Maija works with many national and international clients, supporting them with day to day commercial law issues, as well as more strategic issues. Her experience includes:
- Medibank - Supporting Medibank with the establishment of a JV with Calvary Healthcare for the delivery of hospital in the home services.
- Due diligence in relation to the acquisition of various organisations operating in the consumer brands/ FMCG sector.
- Acquisition of a liquor business by a national wholesale business.
- Supporting various national and international franchisors with all aspects of their franchise business including legal documentation, Franchising Code of Conduct compliance, disputes and international expansion.
- Client secondments with Pfizer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Caltex and Macquarie Bank, which means that Maija has become very adept at providing commercially focussed advice.
- Global pharmaceutical company- preparing a suite of template supply and purchase agreements for the procurement function of the business.
- Best Lawyers- Franchising (2020, 2021, 2022)
Australian public M&A deal trends report 2023
Publication | February 22, 2023
Q&A on the Franchise Disclosure Register
Publication | October 26, 2022
Automotive Industry Intensive 2022
Webinar | October 20, 2022