Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Marc Robert is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Paris. He specialises in litigation, both domestic and cross-border, as well as in international arbitration and ADR.
Marc has a breadth of experience in cross-border disputes, particularly in the in the energy, mining and construction sectors.
Marc has experience of the French courts in: standalone and ancillary litigation; enforcement proceedings; interim and injunctive relief; and as a court-appointed forensic expert. Marc has also been involved in and led teams pursuing and defending claims under the arbitration rules of the major arbitrational institutions, including: the ICC; the ICSID; and ad hoc arbitrations under the UNCITRAL rules.
Marc also specialises in OHADA law and disputes in the OHADA region.
Marc holds a LL.M. from McGill University, Canada, and a Master's in International Law from Panthéon-Sorbonne University, France. He is a member of the Paris Bar since 2010 and is fluent in French and English.
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Represented a leader in water, hygiene and energy products and services on a regular basis for product liability investigations conducted by court appointed experts
- Represented a mining group and its local subsidiaries for a multi-jurisdictional dispute involving commercial and criminal claims in several OHADA countries
- Represented an engineering group in arbitration proceedings regarding an EPC contract for the construction of oil and gas facilities
- Represented a mining group in arbitration proceedings against a state-owned company of an OHADA country regarding their respective rights under a joint venture agreement
- Represented the directors of a company prosecuted by criminal authorities following the death of workers on a construction site
- Represented a group of companies prosecuted before the Paris criminal court for indirect advertising of tobacco
- Represented a leader in the energy sector in a dispute before the Paris court of appeal for the late delivery of LNG carriers
- Represented a chemical company in a dispute before the Paris court of appeal for allegations of unfair competition of 21 products
- Represented sellers of wind farms and other energy facilities regarding a post M&A dispute and claims for enforcement of liability guarantee
- Managing disclosure in the face of the data explosion, October 02, 2017
- Asymmetric arbitration agreements, October 02, 2017
- The validity of unilateral "hybrid jurisdiction" clauses has become less certain under French law, November 29, 2012