Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Elizabeth is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London. Elizabeth deals with a wide variety of transport and energy disputes with a particular focus on shipping and aviation. Elizabeth also deals with general commercial disputes.
Her work covers general maritime and aviation disputes such as lease and charterparty disputes, aircraft redelivery disputes, aircraft repossessions, problem loans and mortgage enforcements, shipbuilding disputes, ship sale and purchase disputes, charterparty disputes and general aviation and shipping work.
Elizabeth's contentious experience includes, amongst other things, Commercial Court claims, international arbitration (ICC and LMAA) and Privy Council hearings.
Elizabeth also advises on non-contentious matters, such as advising on standard terms and contractual interpretation, and reviewing agreements and clauses in financing and acquisition transactions.
Following her seven month secondment to esyJet, Elizabeth has a great deal of general commercial experience and has advised on a range of areas including data protection, consumer regulation, intellectual property, advertising, marketing and gambling in the context of airlines.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Recently acted for an aircraft lessor in an ICC Arbitration relating to breach of lease provisions and non-compliance with return conditions.
- Advising a shipping investment company in relation to two vessels. These complex disputes involved a London arbitration for early termination in respect of one vessel and two High Court claims in respect of the financing arrangements for the other vessel.
- Handling summary judgment proceedings on behalf of lenders in the shipping context.
- Advising lessors in various jurisdictions in relation to lease disputes and recovery of unpaid rent.
- Acting for a commodity trading company in relation to demurrage claims and handling an application for judgment in default.
- Advising lenders and ECAs in respect of aircraft repossessions and Cape Town Convention matters.
- Advising banks in relation to mortgage enforcements arising from defaults under ship and aircraft financing arrangements.
- Acting for a bank in a High Court claim for summary judgment in respect of a guarantee dispute relating to the financing of a shipping transaction.
- Advising financial institutions in relation to guarantee claims arising from defaults under asset financing arrangements.
- Advising on charterparty disputes and reviewing and analysing various different chartering arrangements.
- Advising on lease delivery disputes and reviewing and analysing various different aircraft leasing arrangements.
- Coordinating and providing a multi-jurisdictional legal and regulatory review for an aviation client in respect of its operations and bases in over 80 jurisdictions.
- WISTA, SPNL
- Mandarin Chinese
Webinar | January 31, 2018
Publication | January 2018
Publication | December 2017