Norton Rose Fulbright Greece***
Related services and key industries
George joined our firm in January 2018. Prior to this, he was an associate within the legal department of EY (Ernst & Young) Greece.
George's areas of practice include M&A, takeover offers and private equity transactions. He has advised on corporate finance deals in a number of sectors, including infrastructure and financial institutions, and has advised on a major privatization. He has significant experience in assessing NPL portfolios for prospective buyers, such as international real estate private equity ﬁrms, and has also assisted foreign clients in all aspects of the drafting, negotiation and execution of shareholders agreements and SPAs.
George studied law at the University of Toulouse Capitole 1, where he also obtained his LL.M. on 'Companies Restructuring and Insolvency Proceedings'.
George is a qualified Greek lawyer and has been a member of the Athens Bar since 2012.
George studied law at the University of Toulouse Capitole 1.
- Lawyer, qualified in Greece (Athens Bar)
- Shell on the divestment of its 49 percent stake in EPA Attikis, the main gas supplier in the Athens metropolitan area, and 49 percent participation in EDA Attikis, the exclusive operator of the gas distribution network installed and operating in the Athens metropolitan area (completed in November 2018)
- Shikun & Binui, a major Israeli construction group, on its part in an international tender for a motorway PPP project in Greece
- Cooke Aquaculture Inc.on its bid to acquire from Andromeda Group, Selonda Aquacultures S.A. and Nireus Aquacultures S.A. certain aquaculture assets, which included several clusters of seabass and seabream fish farms, hatcheries and other associated facilities (packaging and logistics facilities) in Greece
- Adriatic Marinas d.o.o. on the international concession tender launched by HRADF for the concession to use and exploit for a period of 40 years the Alimos marina, the largest marina in the Balkans
- Hyperion Insurance Group, on the acquisition (including the legal due diligence work) of Matrix Insurance and Re-Insurance Brokers S.A., a Greek insurance and re-insurance broker, in the context of one of Hyperion's subsidiaries decision to exercise its option to acquire a 51% shareholding in Matrix SA's ultimate parent company
- Eurobank Ergasias and Alpha Bank on the €202m non-recourse refinancing of seven operating solar PV parks and five operating wind farms totalling 162.4 MW, owned by Greek subsidiaries of Total Eren (completed in December 2018)
- Moneygram Payment Systems Inc. on corporate and commercial law matters relating to its subsidiaries and branches in Greece (Moneygram Payment Systems Greece S.A, Moneyglobe S.A., MIL Greek Branch, MIL Overseas Limited Greek Branch)