Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Max Welbes is an investment funds and regulatory lawyer in the Luxembourg office. Max advises clients on the set-up, day-to-day maintenance and restructuring of Luxembourg AIFs and UCITS-compliant funds. He also has experience of setting up AIFMs and UCITS management companies.
Max has a strong focus on English- and German-speaking jurisdictions. He has over 19 years' experience in both international and independent local firms in Luxembourg, including magic circle law firms. He is a regular speaker at industry conferences and seminars on Luxembourg investment fund structures and management.
- LL.M., Queen Mary, London, UK, 2000
- Master of Laws, Robert Schuman University, Strasbourg, France, 1999
- Avocat à la Cour Luxembourg 2003
- Avocat Barreau de Luxembourg 2001
- Legal 500, 2015 stated "Max Welbes now leads the absolutely excellent practice […]" and in 2019 described "the creative and knowledgeable Max Welbes" as "experienced in non-standard structures, particularly those involving a German nexus."
- Chambers Global, 2015 noted "Max Welbes is praised by clients for his accessibility and focus. He is known for his regulated funds work, including formation and management of UCITS and alternative investment vehicles […]". Chambers Global, 2019 stated that "a client lauds Max Welbes for his "ability to understand what the client needs and adapt accordingly." Sources also say that he is "very responsive and when you have issues or requests he calls back instantly." Welbes advises on regulatory issues, as well as the formation and structuring of Luxembourg funds."
Publication | July 23, 2020
Publication | April 27, 2020
Publication | April 15, 2020
Publication | October 16, 2019