Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Harold Tin is a corporate lawyer based in Hong Kong and leads the US securities practice in Asia. His practice includes capital markets, M&A and venture capital matters, with a particular focus on crypto and other FinTech clients.
Harold is US and Hong Kong-qualified and is experienced in advising on equity and debt capital markets transactions, including Rule 144A/Regulation S and SEC-registered offerings and listings of ordinary and global/American depositary shares, as well as notes and MTN programs, on stock exchanges in Hong Kong, Singapore, the US and Luxembourg. He also regularly advises venture capital funds and asset managers on a wide variety of investment and corporate matters.
Harold is a core member of our global FinTech practice. He advises leading FinTech innovators and financial investors on token sales, NFTs, DeFi products, crypto exchange investments and joint ventures, and DAO sponsorship and governance. Harold also works closely with our global FinTech team to advise on regulatory and compliance matters for crypto exchanges and other FinTech players in a host of jurisdictions worldwide.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Harold worked at a leading Wall Street law firm.
- Juris Doctor degree, Harvard Law School
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Mathematics, Yale University
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Corporate & Securities
- IPOs and listings – China Isotope & Radiation, China Yongda Automobiles, CIMC Vehicles, Country Garden Services, Edvantage Group, JBM (Healthcare), Kerry Logistics, Metallurgical Corp. of China, Neusoft Education Technology, Poly Property Development, Risecomm Group, Sands China, Sino-Ocean Service, Sky Light Holdings, Sunac China, Sunac Services, Top Education, Weigang Environmental Technology, Zhaopin Limited, Zuoan Fashion
- Bond offerings and liability management – Agile Property, Car Inc., Central China Real Estate, China Aoyuan Property, China Overseas Grand Oceans, CITIC Securities, CNQC International, Golden Wheel Tiandi, ICBC Leasing, Longfor Group, Nine Dragons Paper, Renhe Commercial, Shimao Property, Sunac China, Texhong Textile, Yanlord Land
- A leading crypto exchange – acquisitions, joint ventures and a wide range of commercial and regulatory advice in Asia, Europe, US, Middle East, Australia and Africa
- One of the world's largest DAOs – token sales; sponsorship and collaboration with various DAO projects
- A digital asset investment manager – collaboration with crypto players on NFTs, staking and other investment management products
- A leading digital brokerage platform – regulatory advice on provision of crypto trading services
- A VC-backed start-up – development of a smart-contract based FinTech product
- A lead VC investor – series A investment in a crypto derivatives exchange
- An angel investor – investment in a start-up developer of online games and virtual assets
- A crypto mining machine maker – proposed IPO and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Mandarin Chinese
September 07, 2021
February 08, 2021
December 17, 2020