WebinarGlobal | July 02, 2020 | 08:30 - 09:30 BST
Where a company is taxed matters. Most board members of multinational companies with cross-border structures will be aware of the need to effectively manage an entity's tax exposure to ensure that it is taxed where expected. In practice, these processes can be difficult to manage, but the imposition of travel restrictions as well as the relocation of key employees can create further practical difficulty. It is important that directors keep operational and managerial processes under regular review, and more so in the context of disruptive events such as pandemics and natural disasters. Day-to-day management, negotiation and signing of agreements can all impact the location for tax purposes of companies and their branches with unforeseen results.
Join our webinar discussion with partners from Norton Rose Fulbright's corporate and cross-border tax teams who will discuss the key issues impacting the management of companies, offering practical guidance on managing and minimising taxation risk.
Jill Gauntlett, Senior Consultant, London
NRF Boardroom Insights: Navigating the new normal
NRF Boardroom Insights brings together leading legal practitioners from across the globe to provide practical guidance on some of the important strategic issues that board directors and those managing businesses across Europe, the Middle East and Asia may face in navigating the ‘new normal.’
- ABC Compliance Programs: What do best practices look like?
- Managing termination risks
- Responding to the pandemic: M&A across Europe
- Global force majeure: Europe and North America
- Returning to work after lockdown in Europe: What board directors and senior managers need to know
- Directors’ duties and liabilities: A Middle East perspective
- Global force majeure: Asia-Pacific
- In conversation with Rt Hon Greg Clark: The implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for public policy
- Conducting remote investigations
- Directors’ duties and liabilities: An Asia-Pacific perspective
- Directors’ duties and liabilities: A European perspective
- Directors’ duties and liabilities
- How to manage commercial risks with force majeure