Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Daniel Jacobs is a dispute resolution lawyer and solicitor-advocate based in London. He focuses on international arbitration and has experience of commercial and investment disputes under the LCIA, ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL rules.
He represents clients in complex and high-value disputes across a broad range of industries and spent six months on secondment to a global investment bank. He appears as an advocate in international tribunals and has rights of audience in the civil high courts of England and Wales.
He also advises on the drafting and interpretation of dispute resolution clauses and issues of enforcement, jurisdiction and English law.
Daniel graduated with an LLB in Law from King's College London and joined the firm in 2014.
- Accelerated LPC, BPP Law School
- LLB, King's College London
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor,Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
- Acting for an Indian manufacturer in a dispute with a Belgian engineering company concerning alleged patent infringement. (ICC, Indian law, London seat)
- Acting for an Indian oil and gas company in a dispute with an African state concerning an oil project. (UNCITRAL, local law, London seat)
- Acting for a Qatari energy company in a dispute with a Saudi Arabian insurer concerning a credit insurance policy. (ICC, English law, Doha seat)
- Acting for the purchaser of a well-known chain of Russian coffee shops in a post-M&A dispute with the seller. (LCIA, English law, London seat)
- Acting for an international rice producer in a dispute with an American multinational corporation, in three arbitrations concerning supply, license and non-compete agreements. (LCIA, Indian law, London seat)
- Acting for a Russian chemical producer in a dispute with a Swiss purchaser concerning a gas supply agreement. (LCIA, English law, London seat)
- Acting for an Indian manufacturer in a dispute with a Polish engineering company concerning a joint venture for the manufacturing of hydraulic oil systems. (UNCITRAL, Indian law, New Delhi seat)
- Acting for an Indian technology company in a dispute with a Singaporean technology company concerning iris scanning technology. (LCIA, English law, London seat)
- Acting for an international mining group in relation to bilateral investment treaty claims against an East African state concerning alleged interference with and the indirect expropriation of significant mining assets. (ICSID)
- Acting as secretary to the tribunal in a dispute between a Middle Eastern manufacturer and a UK distributor concerning wholesale sportswear. (LCIA, English law, London seat)
- Acting for a French multinational company in a dispute with an English subcontractor concerning the installation of a new signalling and control system for an English railway. (Adjudication)
- Acting for a Spanish construction company in a dispute with an English subcontractor concerning the design and construction of motorway improvement works. (Adjudication)
- "Trends in investor-state dispute settlement", International Arbitration Report, June 2017
- "Maintenance and champerty", International Arbitration Report, September 2016
- "India releases a new Model BIT", International Arbitration Law Review, February 2016
- "India: The new arbitration act analysed", Global Arbitration Review, January 2016