Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Cecilia Buresti is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Milan. She qualified as an Italian avvocato in 1992 and she is admitted to appear before Italy's highest court, the Corte di Cassazione.
Cecilia joined our practice in 2000 from a leading international law firm. She became a partner in 2009 and has been head of our Italian dispute resolution team since 2015.
Cecilia assists and represents clients across several industries, including: insurance; manufacturing; real estate; energy; and transport, including aviation. Her experience covers a wide range of civil and commercial pre-contentious and contentious matters, among them: disputes over the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective products and related recall campaigns; environmental contamination; workplace safety; insolvency; the issuance of derivatives and other financial instruments; the delivery of financial advisory services; and the alleged breach of professional duties by directors, officers and auditors.
Cecilia also has in-depth experience in insurance claim disputes and has advised clients on numerous high-profile cases.
Cecilia regularly speaks at conferences and seminars and organizes in-house training workshops for the legal teams of key clients. She holds seminars on defective product liability organized by professional associations. She has also been invited to speak at a seminar on data protection regulation and the impact of the EU cyber regulation on the Italian insurance market.
Cecilia has been recommended by numerous legal directories, including The Legal 500 and Chambers. She is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Law, Università di Bologna
- International and comparative law, University of Dallas Southwestern Legal Foundation
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 1992
- Ranked: Dispute resolution. About her: (i) "highly regarded" (ii) "has solid experience and gives clear advise" (iii) "a fantastic lawyer". Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- Ranked (Insurance, Italy) "Cecilia Buresti has considerable experience in advising clients on insurance litigation, particularly in relation to D&O, PI and casualty claims. Her clientele includes international insurance companies. "She is a good litigator with great experience in the insurance industry," notes a client. Chambers Europe, 2020
- Acritas Star Lawyer, Acritas Report, 2020, 2019
- Chambers Europe 2019. Insurance (Italy): "She is calm and has an almost instinctive understanding of negotiations."
- Chambers Global/Europe 2019. Dispute resolution (Italy): Recognised practitioner.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018. Dispute resolution (Italy): "Practice head Cecilia Buresti [is] strongly recommended."
- Chambers Global/Europe 2018. Dispute resolution (Italy): Recognised practitioner.
- Chambers Europe 2018. Insurance (Italy): "Cecilia Buresti is a litigator with experience of insurance and reinsurance claims related to D&O, environment and product liability, as well as life insurance and medical malpractice issues."
- Chambers Europe 2017. Insurance (Italy): "Competent and reliable in litigious matters relating to insurance and reinsurance. She has experience of handling disputes involving FI and D&O liability, as well as casualty and medical malpractice claims."
- Chambers Europe 2016. Insurance (Italy): "Focuses on contentious matters arising in the insurance sector. One client observes: Cecilia's pragmatic approach on complex matters has provided us with effective results on difficult cases. She is a dependable and constant professional."
- Chambers Europe 2015. Insurance (Italy): “Considered by market observers to be a strong lawyer in litigation matters.”
- Chambers Europe 2014. Insurance (Italy): “One of the market's most renowned litigators. One client reports: She is proactive and tough without being aggressive. She has an impressive market standing and is very charismatic."
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2014. Restructuring and insolvency (Italy): “Proactive, and an excellent negotiator.”
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2013. Restructuring and insolvency (Italy): "A skilled professional and tough negotiator.”
- PLC Which lawyer? 2012 and 2011. Insurance (Italy): "Cecilia Buresti is “endorsed - recommended.”
Publication | April 07, 2020
Publication | November 15, 2019
Publication | June 14, 2019
Publication | October 2018