Charles A. Foucreault
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Charles A. FoucreaultvCard
Related services and key industries
Charles Foucreault practises civil and commercial litigation, with a focus on civil liability and insurance law. His particular areas of interest are property insurance, general and professional liability insurance, municipal law, construction law and directors and officers’ liability. He also acts for clients in the context of class actions proceedings. He regularly pleads before all Quebec courts.
Mr. Foucreault also advises clients on various insurance coverage issues, namely regarding CGL, E&O, D&O, cyber risk and professional liability insurance policies. He also drafts, reviews and ensures the conformity of insurance policies and endorsements, and advises clients on regulatory issues pertaining to the insurance industry.
Mr. Foucreault has given numerous presentations to a variety of audiences during training seminars regarding insurance, professional liability and civil proceedings.
In 2003-2004, Mr. Foucreault clerked for the Honourable Mr. Justice Jean-Louis Baudouin of the Quebec Court of Appeal.
Master II (Private Law), Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2007
LL.M., McGill University, 2006
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2004
- Quebec 2008
Mr. Foucreault acted recently for the following clients:
- The Town of Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, in a class action proceeding before the Quebec Superior Court
- The Town of Varennes, in a class action proceeding before the Quebec Superior Court
- Axa Insurance Inc. in a life and health insurance matter before the Quebec Court of Appeal
- Lloyd’s Underwriters in a claim relating to a fire in St. Paul’s Church in Gatineau, Quebec
- Yellow Pages Group in major commercial litigation before the Quebec Superior Court
- Union of Quebec Municipalities, as intervener in an appeal before the Quebec Court of Appeal on the immunity afforded to municipalities that have adopted a fire safety cover plan
- Rio Tinto Alcan in litigation before the Quebec Superior Court relating to benefit payments under a pension plan
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Law, University of Montreal, 2001-2002
- Goldenberg Prize and Harry Batshaw Prize for excellence in Civil Liberties
- "La légalisation du cannabis: un survol des enjeux pour les juristes : Perspectives en droit des assurances, en droit criminel et en droit du travail" (Legalization of cannabis: an overview of the issues for jurists – insurance law, criminal law, labour law perspectives), Canadian Bar Association, Annual Professional Development Day – New Trends in the Legal Field, October 30, 2018.
- “Stratégies pour vous prémunir et vous défendre contre les réclamations relatives aux bris des conduites d’eau, d’aqueducs et d’égouts,” The Canadian Institute, Conference on Ethics, Governance and Liability for Municipalities and Governments, April 29, 2013.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Junior Bar Association of Quebec
Publication | November 18, 2019
Publication | May 28, 2019
Suspension of insurance coverage: the Superior Court of Québec reminds us of the serious consequences
Publication | April 25, 2019
Publication | November 2018