Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Wouter Hertzberger is a banking lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam where he heads the banking team. He has a broad range of experience in structured finance transactions with a focus on project finance in the energy and infrastructure sector, asset finance and restructuring.
Wouter's experience includes acting for the sponsor and lenders on energy projects ranging from oil and gas to renewables, road and port projects, and accommodation projects. His asset finance practice has a focus on shipping, offshore and export credit finance transactions. He regularly advises lenders on restructuring matters particularly in the energy and infrastructure sector.
Wouter has a dual qualification in the Netherlands and the United States. He graduated from the University of Leiden and holds a LLM degree from Columbia University in New York.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Orde van Advocaten: Wouter Hertzberger heeft in het rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten de volgende rechtsgebieden geregistreerd: Algemeen recht
- Wouter is ranked as a 'leading indivudual in Project Finance and PFI' by Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Wouter has been recognized by a client as "one of the brightest lawyers" and is impressed by "the way he jumps into a deal and immediately understands it is really impressive". Another source remarks that "he is very smart and pragmatic," and "stands out in terms of making deals." Chambers and Partners 2019
- Wouter is cited as highly regarded in 2019's IFLR1000.
- Dutch Securities Law Association
- New York Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Amsterdam Bar Association
January 07, 2021
France: Norton Rose Fulbright advises Société Générale on the financing of a triple acquisition by Excelya
July 29, 2020
Amsterdam team advises Windpark Zeewolde B.V. on project financing and development of the largest onshore wind farm in the Netherlands
June 30, 2020
Publication | July 01, 2021
Publication | May 13, 2021
Publication | January 20, 2021
Publication | March 09, 2020