Ross Staine, Jr.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Ross Staine, Jr.vCard
Related services and key industries
Ross Staine is a partner in the Houston office. His practice focuses on structured and project finance and energy with emphasis on international and domestic project finance and project development of infrastructure and energy related projects. Ross has domestic as well as international experience and has represented lenders and developers in electric power and infrastructure projects in the United States, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Ross's practice encompasses the structuring, negotiation and documentation of various types of domestic and international business transactions, including: domestic and international infrastructure project development and project finance transactions; domestic and international restructurings; development, financing and restructuring of domestic and international electric power projects; project financing of LNG projects; domestic and international corporate loan transactions; acquisition and disposition of domestic and international energy and infrastructure projects; and foreign investment, commercial and trade transactions. His experience includes a broad range of domestic and international commercial, corporate, finance, trade and other business law matters. Ross has extensive experience in the area of workouts and restructurings.
Ross's domestic and international transactional experience includes a wide range of geographic markets and industries. His experience includes the representation of developers, investors, sponsors and lenders in electric power and infrastructure projects in Pakistan, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, the Dominican Republic and the United States. He has advised clients and handled restructurings in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Pakistan in addition to the United States.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas, 1984
BA, magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1981
Ross is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1984.
- Texas State Bar
- Representation of sponsor in connection with approximately US $7 billion senior debt financing of development, construction and operation of liquefied natural gas project located in Cameron, Louisiana
- Representation of sponsor in connection with senior financing of LNG facilities located in Freeport, Texas
- Representation of borrower in connection with approximately US $130 million offshore China deep water rig financing
- Representation of lender/arranger in connection with the arrangement and structured financing of approximately US $150 million structured financing of a wood pellet plant in the State of Texas
- Representation of developer/sponsor in connection with restructuring of approximately US $175 million financing of independent power project located in Pakistan
- Representation of developer/borrower in connection with secured revolving credit agreement and letter of credit facility agreement providing financing in approximate principal amount of US $250 million to financing pipeline in Panama
- Representation of developer in connection with restructuring of financing of power projects located in West Virginia
- Representation of borrower in connection with up to US $700 million financing of acquisition of oil and gas interests and further exploration and development of Marcellus Shale Field
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with various loan and equity financing of a developer of batteries for electric cars and buses sold in China
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with renewal and restructuring of approximately US $150 million power project located in Pakistan
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with renewal and restructuring of approximately US $130 million power project located in Pakistan
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with renewal and restructuring of power project located in Pakistan
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with renegotiation and restructuring of indebtedness relating to independent power project located in the Dominican Republic
- Representation of multilateral lender in connection with renegotiation and restructuring of indebtedness of manufacturing company located in Mexico
- Representation of sponsor/borrower in connection with the refinancing of approximately US $175 million financing of independent power project located in Pakistan
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
Ross has spoken and written on topics relating to international infrastructure project development and finance. His most recent presentation was:
- "A Roadmap For a Successful International Energy Transaction," Energy & Natural Resources Law 16th Biennial Conference held by the International Bar Association, San Francisco, California
- American Bar Association - Section of International Law & Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association