Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Timothy Han is an energy projects lawyer based in London.
Timothy focuses on project development and finance, and has acted for sponsors, sovereigns, multilateral development institutions, commercial lenders and other financial institutions on a broad range of energy projects, including upstream oil and gas and power and petrochemicals in emerging markets. He was previously seconded to a power developer focusing on renewable projects in Africa. Timothy also has experience in shipping and aviation finance, and previously spent time working in our Hong Kong and Shanghai offices.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- ADB, EBRD and BSTDB on Shah Deniz II gas field project, Azerbaijan - and subsequently the Bank of China Limited, London Branch as the intercreditor agent on the US$1bn project financing in relation to LUKOIL's participating interest in the project. This won O&G deal of the year – IJ Global Europe & Africa Awards; Finance deal of the year: Projects, The Asian Lawyer's Legal Awards 2016.
- The lenders of the US$524.5m syndicated loan facility for the Shah Deniz gas field project, Azerbaijan. This was backed by (i) a sovereign guarantee from the Azerbaijani state and (ii) a partial credit risk guarantee by ADB, to Southern Gas Corridor CJSC to support the development of the Shah Deniz project.
- IFC and a syndicate of lenders (including AIIB, CDC, AfDB, OeEB and Finnfund) to the Solar FiT projects, Egypt. This was a US$600m financing for the construction of 13 solar power plants with a combined capacity of 590MW in Egypt under the second round of the country's 2,000MW feed-in tariff programme. The transaction won PFI Multilateral Deal of the Year 2017.
- Lekela Power on its acquisition, financing, development, construction and operation of the 158 MW Taiba N'Diaye wind power project in Senegal, as advised by OPIC and EKF Denmark's Export Credit Agency. This won IJ Global 2018 African Wind Deal of the Year.
- KEXIM, IFC, EBRD and other senior lenders on the US$900m project financing of ACWA 950MW power station, known as the Kirikkale IPP, Turkey, the first limited recourse project financing of a gas-fired IPP since the introduction of the Electricity Market Law in 2001 in Turkey. PFI Middle East Power Deal of the Year 2014.
- The project company behind the Quarayyah IPP, Saudi Arabia in relation to ongoing project development and operational matters concerning the US$2.8bn 3,927MW Qurayyah IPP in Saudi Arabia.
- Bank Muscat on the principal project documents for the Marubeni-led consortium for the 105 MW Amin solar PV IPP project in Oman.
- The agent and finance parties for the 190MWOld Harbour LNG-to-power project, Jamaica on post-financial close matters on the US$330m project financing.
- A bidding consortium on the 800MW Az-Zour North II IWPP, Kuwait in relation to the principal project documents.
- The sponsor bidding consortium on the principal project documents for the Al Abdaliyah ISCC, the first ISCC plant in Kuwait.
- the sponsor bidding consortium for the Al-Jouf and Rafha Solar IPPs, Saudi Arabia in relation to the principal project documents in respect of the development of two solar PV IPPs under separate companies, with a combined installed capacity of 100 MW in Saudi Arabia.