Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Nam is a banking and capital markets lawyer based in Luxembourg. He advises clients on local and international banking and capital markets transactions in a wide range of industrial, financial and commercial sectors. His practice encompasses asset financing, secured syndicated lending, securitisations and regulatory matters relating to financial services.
Nam has also expertise in fund structuring of alternative investment funds (private equity, real estate and hedge funds) and advises through the entire life cycle of the funds. He provides related regulatory and compliance advice to asset managers and service providers in the fund sector.
Nam has ten years of experience advising in Luxembourg law, and he is fluent in English and French. Prior to joining the Norton Rose Fulbright, Nam worked for a leading independent law firm in Luxembourg.
- DEA in Contract Law –University of Nantes
- Master degree in private law – University Paris XI Jean Monnet
- Master degree in accounting and finance (D.E.C.F.)
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris (2005)
- Avocat au Barreau de Luxembourg (2008)
- Luxembourg law assistance to Crédit Mutuel Arkea in the acquisition of Keytrade Bank, online banking major player active in Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland. Assistance in the due diligence process, liaising with, and submission file to, the Luxembourg regulator (CSSF) in respect of the change of control and change of governance of the Luxembourg bank, Luxembourg assistance in respect of the acquisition agreement and the cross border merger post-acquisition.
- Luxembourg counsel to a leading producer of petrochemical products for the refinancing of its senior debt by the issuance of EUR 1.5 billion and USD 775 million new senior secured notes and the entry into a USD 2.375 billion and EUR 500 million credit agreement and EUR 350 million loan facility.
- LFR (Luxembourg Fund Review) N°17 July-August 2011, Will the new ILPA Private Equity Principles 2.0 really change how sponsors negotiate private equity fund terms (with Katia Scheidecker)