Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Hani is a Senior Counsel currently based in our Houston offices. His practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures and corporate and commercial transactions.
He has over 15 years of experience practicing in multiple jurisdictions, including California, Texas, and Dubai, and has been responsible for managing M&A and joint venture transactions supporting large multi-national clients including Mayo Clinic, Exxon Mobil, AT&T, Pfizer and Albemarle.
Hani received his law degree from the New York University School of Law and graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Economics from the University of Southern California.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2001
BA, summa cum laude, Economics and International Relations, University of Southern California, 1998
- California State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Mayo Clinic regarding $200m joint venture with Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) regarding the establishment and operation of Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City, a flagship regional medical campus
- AT&T regarding $60m divestiture of its virtual router business with operations in the US, UK, and EU to Ciena Communications
- Alpha Dubai Holding regarding its subsidiary, Pure Health's $500m equity investment in Ardent Health Services, a leading US healthcare provider with operations in six states
- National Energy Services Reunited regarding $60m investment in WD Von Gonten Engineering LLC, a petroleum engineering, consulting, geological and petrophysical modeling services provider
- ExxonMobil regarding termination of joint venture with Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) and termination of related aviation fuel concession agreements, fuel farm lease and development agreement and sale and purchase of hydrant asset agreement relating to multiple Dubai airports involving Shell, Chevron et al
- Australian Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources regarding RFP relating to sale of 1.65m barrels of crude oil from the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve including associated marketing agreement with ExxonMobil and resultant crude oil sales contracts with Marathon Oil and Shell
- Dogus Holding regarding $400m joint venture with Dubai Holding/Meraas regarding the development and operation of a health and wellness hospital in Dubai
- Co-author, "UAE: Anti-Bribery Considerations", The Oath magazine – June 2014.
- Contributor, "Doing Business in the United Arab Emirates" released through American Business Council of Dubai and the Northern Emirates, 2014.
- "UAE Labor Law," Knowledge Exchange Series, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2015
- "Labor, Immigration and Emiratization," I.D.E.A.S. Business Forum, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2013
- "UAE Labor Laws"/American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2013
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Business Council of Dubai & Northern Emirates
- American Business Group of Abu Dhabi