Global Co-Head of Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity; Partner
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Ffion Flockhart is a dispute resolution lawyer and qualified Solicitor-Advocate based in London.
With an insurance law background, she advises clients across a number of industries on the management of key financial risks as well as on the resolution of disputes. Ffion is known in particular for her policy wording work for large corporates and financial institutions, as well as her work on matters involving directors and officers' (D&O) liability, transaction liability and cyber risk.
Ffion advises on:
General Financial Risks - under the general financial risks umbrella, Ffion’s practice includes advising on Professional Indemnity and Crime/Fidelity exposures. In this regard, she has advised on some of the most high profile matters arising from the financial crisis, such as claims arising out of Lehmans' collapse and the Madoff scandal, as well as the Algosaibi fraud in the Middle East. Other aspects of Ffion’s financial risks practice include trade and credit risks, where she has a significant amount of experience in project-specific policy drafting. On the contentious side, she has also worked on trade/credit and political risks claims in South America, Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
D&O and Senior Manager Risks - from a D&O perspective, she advises on the protections available to directors and senior managers in the context of regulatory investigations, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions, as well as on the interaction between corporate indemnities and D&O insurance.
Transaction Liability - her transaction liability work includes advising clients on the protections available through buy-side and sell-side warranty & indemnity insurance. She also has significant experience of dealing with contentious warranty and indemnity claims arising from M&A transactions in the private equity sector and beyond.
Cyber Risks - Ffion also focuses on cyber risks, which are an ever increasing problem for corporates, financial institutions and their insurers alike. She works on the drafting of cyber insurance policies and the coverage aspects of cyber claims as well as with our specialist IP/IT teams to provide a comprehensive crisis response service to mitigate the effects of an adverse cyber event. On the dispute resolution side, Ffion is experienced in defending companies in relation to various cyber related exposures.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
- Ffion is recognised as “Up and Coming” and described as “both a very bright insurance lawyer and a very good commercial solicitor”
- Ffion is ranked as a “Leading Individual”
- Ffion is praised for her “high intellect, unflappable calm and formidable organisation”
Legal 500 UK
- Ffion led the cyber risk team that was shortlisted for Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards and appears as a Rising Star in the Legal Business Disputes Yearbook 2015
- Listed as one of the Most Influential Rising Stars in Legal Services
- Recognised as a Transatlantic Rising Star at the inaugural Transatlantic Legal Awards.
The American Lawyer
- Maritime Risk International – "Time to take stock of cyber risks", October 2017 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart, Steven Hadwin and Rahul Mansigani)
- Insurance Day – "It's time for the market to act on cyber risk and D&O", July 17, 2017 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- Financier Worldwide Magazine – "D&O Risk Liability Annual Review, May 2017
- PLC Magazine – "Cyber risk and director's liabilities: an international perspective", December 2016 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- Financier Worldwide – "Forum: Tackling shareholder disputes", October 2016
- Infosecurity – "Insuring safety in cyber", August 2016 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- Financial Adviser – “Defending the digital frontier, May 2016 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Rahul Mansigani)
- Corporate Disputes Review – “Hot topics – disputes”, April 2016
- Private Equity News – "Buyout firms seek safety net on deals", March 29, 2016
- Global Reinsurance – “How a landmark court case will change the cyber market”, November 13, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
- New Law Journal – “Buyers beware”, October 23, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Charlie Weston-Simons
- Private Equity International - “Faulty goods”, July 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Charlie Weston-Simons)
- PLC – “M&A disputes: seller opportunism or buyer's remorse?”, June 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Charlie Weston-Simons)
- Financier Worldwide – “Civil litigation risks following data breaches”, June 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart, Steve Tenai and Andrew L. Hoffman)
- Financier Worldwide – “Cyber risk: an increasing concern for senior management", April 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
- Insurance Day – “Private equity pressures could prompt W&I claims surge”, March 25, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Charlie Weston-Simons)
- Financial Times – “Transactions insurance gains as M&A picks up”, March 16, 2015
- Insurance Day – “Cyber liability, data protection and the limits of insurability”, February 8, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steve Hadwin)
- Insurance Day – “Cyber risk and the role of D&O insurance”, December 7, 2014 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
- Insurance Day – “Transaction liability: the challenge for warranty insurers”, October 29, 2014 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Charlie Weston-Simons)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Norton Rose Fulbright Charitable Foundation
Publication | July 2020
Publication | February 27, 2020
Publication | November 01, 2019
Publication | August 01, 2019