Related services and key industries
Stephen Iu is an experienced corporate partner based in Sydney with both private and public sector experience.
He is a trusted adviser to Australian and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, complex commercial transactions and corporate advisory matters. He has experience with a broad range of client sectors, including financial services, technology, retail, tourism, construction / infrastructure, agri-business and start-ups. He has deep experience in FinTech matters and also has extensive experience in advising in relation to distressed M&A transactions.
He also advises public sector clients on the sale and large scale transfer of assets, strategic supply arrangements and governance issues.
Stephen is known for having a deep understanding of his clients' businesses and commercial approach while having an excellent understanding of the law and being responsive to his clients' needs.
- High Court of Australia 2007
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2006
- Macquarie Bank - on its strategic joint venture with CoreLogic (previously RP Data). The joint venture aimed to take advantage of the growing need for quality services to strata managers, including to sell software and services for strata managers, and provide a cloud-based platform for property and sales management.
- Macquarie - on its strategically important acquisitions of substantial loan portfolios.
- Macquarie - on its investments in a mortgage broking business, a mortgage aggregation business and a software business.
- Big 4 Bank - on its strategically important arrangement with a New York Stock Exchange listed FinTech start-up which provides online loans to small businesses, to refer suitable small businesses to the start-up, including drafting the relevant complex documentation.
- Big 4 Bank - on its cross-border divestment of a digital bank.
- Big 4 Bank - in relation to the design, development and roll-out of a revolutionary new point of sale (POS) payment solution comprising sda secure merchant terminal and open platform for the deployment of software apps, which included advising on a detailed and complex software, hardware and services agreement.
- Hammons Holdings - on its successful bid to operate tourism activities on the Sydney Harbour Bridge, including its acquisition of the incumbent operator.
- Transport for NSW and RailCorp - on the structuring of, and divestment of, assets in regional New South Wales under a tender process.
- Transport for NSW - on its master services agreement with Service NSW, under which transport cluster agencies can enter into purchase orders with Service NSW.
Publication | October 19, 2020
Publication | August 10, 2020
Publication | September 12, 2019