Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- International arbitration
Cecilia Buresti is a litigation and disputes litigation lawyer based in Milan.
Cecilia assists and represents clients across several industries, including: insurance; manufacturing; real estate; energy; and transport, including aviation. Her experience covers a wide range of civil and commercial pre-contentious and contentious matters, among them: disputes over the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective products and related recall campaigns; environmental contamination; workplace safety; insolvency; the issuance of derivatives and other financial instruments; the delivery of financial advisory services; and the alleged breach of professional duties by directors, officers and auditors.
Cecilia also has in-depth experience in insurance claim disputes and has advised clients on numerous high-profile cases.
Cecilia regularly speaks at conferences and seminars and organizes in-house training workshops for the legal teams of key clients. She holds seminars on defective product liability organized by professional associations. She has also been invited to speak at a seminar on data protection regulation and the impact of the EU cyber regulation on the Italian insurance market.
Cecilia qualified as an Italian avvocato in 1992 and she is admitted to appear before Italy's highest court, the Corte di Cassazione. She joined the firm in 2000 from a leading international law firm. In 2009, Cecilia became a partner and has been head of our Italian dispute resolution team since 2015.
Cecilia has been recommended by numerous legal directories, including The Legal 500 and Chambers. She is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Law, Università di Bologna
- International and comparative law, University of Dallas Southwestern Legal Foundation
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 1992
- Acritas Star Lawyer, 2019-2021
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Cecilia Buresti is well renowned for her insurance litigation expertise. She additionally advises on risk and casualty matters. Chambers Europe, 2021
- Ranked in Dispute resolution (Italy). About her: (i) "highly regarded" (ii) "has solid experience and gives clear advise" (iii) "a fantastic lawyer". Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Cecilia Buresti has considerable experience in advising clients on insurance litigation, particularly in relation to D&O, PI and casualty claims. Her clientele includes international insurance companies. "She is a good litigator with great experience in the insurance industry," notes a client. Chambers Europe, 2020
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). "She is calm and has an almost instinctive understanding of negotiations." Chambers Europe, 2019
- Recognised practitioner. Dispute resolution (Italy). Chambers Global/Europe, 2019
- Ranked in Dispute resolution (Italy). "Practice head Cecilia Buresti [is] strongly recommended." Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
- Dispute resolution (Italy): Recognised practitioner. Dispute resolution (Italy). Chambers Global/Europe, 2018
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Cecilia Buresti is a litigator with experience of insurance and reinsurance claims related to D&O, environment and product liability, as well as life insurance and medical malpractice issues. Chambers Europe, 2018
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Competent and reliable in litigious matters relating to insurance and reinsurance. She has experience of handling disputes involving FI and D&O liability, as well as casualty and medical malpractice claims. Chambers Europe, 2017
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Focuses on contentious matters arising in the insurance sector. One client observes: "Cecilia's pragmatic approach on complex matters has provided us with effective results on difficult cases. She is a dependable and constant professional." Chambers Europe, 2016
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Considered by market observers to be a strong lawyer in litigation matters. Chambers Europe, 2015
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy): One of the market's most renowned litigators. One client reports: "She is proactive and tough without being aggressive. She has an impressive market standing and is very charismatic." Chambers Europe, 2014
- Ranked in Restructuring and insolvency (Italy). “Proactive, and an excellent negotiator.” Legal 500 EMEA, 2014
- Ranked in Restructuring and insolvency (Italy). "A skilled professional and tough negotiator.” Legal 500 EMEA, 2013
- Ranked in Insurance (Italy). Cecilia Buresti is “endorsed - recommended.” PLC Which lawyer? 2012 and 2011
Webinar | May 26, 2020
Publication | April 07, 2020
Publication | November 15, 2019
Publication | June 14, 2019