Related services and key industries
Lynn Yang is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai. She focuses her practice on M&A, joint ventures, private equity investment, and reorganization of investment portfolios in China in a wide range of sectors. Lynn has extensive knowledge of dealing with transactional and regulatory aspects of PRC-related financial services matters, including insurance and fund management. Her areas of practice also include capital inflow and outflow under the QFII, RQFII and QDII regimes.
Lynn has worked for leading international law firms since 2000. She also has experience of working as an in-house lawyer of a US Fortune 100 Company in Beijing from 1995 to 1999.
Lynn graduated from Peking University School of Law in 1995 and New York University School of Law in 2000 and was admitted to the New York Bar in March 2001.
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Bayer AG and its affiliates - on China aspects of the US$1bn asset transfers for the divestiture of Bayer's Diabetes Care Business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings.
- A leading international banking group - on the buy-out of its life insurance joint venture in China, which will become the first wholly foreign-owned life insurance company in China (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone upon completion, since China's removal of foreign ownership restrictions on foreign-funded life insurance companies effective on 1 January 2020.
- A leading international insurance group - on the establishment of its insurance asset management subsidiary in Shanghai, making it the first foreign invested insurance asset management company in China.
- A leading international banking group - on the launch of its wholly-owned FinTech services company in China (Shanghai) Free-Trade Zone, which is one of the first wholly foreign-owned FinTech services companies of its kind in China facilitating the proposed distribution of various financial products.
- A UK private equity investor - on the share restructuring and the proposed IPO at a Chinese stock exchange of a pharmaceutical company registered in North China.
- A UK leading media group - on China aspects of disposal of certain data services business. The transaction in China involves share sales of several joint ventures and de-registration of a representative office in China.
- A leading European insurance group - on its life joint venture, establishment of insurance asset management company and regulatory advice on its P&C joint venture in China.
- A leading insurance group - on its proposed acquisition of a life insurance joint venture in China.
- China Reinsurance Group - on various cross-border reinsurance and regulatory matters, and its proposed corporate strategy for its international operation.
- Several Chinese sovereign wealth funds and Chinese financial institutions - on their overseas investments.
- A leading global asset management group - on its proposed establishment of a private fund management company and the application for RQFII license.
- Top 15 Female Lawyers - Asian Legal Business (ALB) China 2020
- Leading lawyer for Insurance and Reinsurance - Who's Who Legal China 2015-2020
- Stand-Out Talent - Acritas Stars Survey 2019-2020
- Mentioned for Corporate and M&A, and Regulatory/compliance - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, China (foreign firms), 2018-2020
- A Highly-regarded individual for M&A - IFLR 1000, China (foreign firms), 2019-2020
Publication | January 07, 2021
Publication | November 12, 2020
Publication | November 06, 2020
Publication | September 25, 2020