Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Charlie Weston-Simons is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer based in London. He acts on a wide range of contentious matters, with a particular focus on insurance issues, M&A disputes, professional negligence and cyber litigation. He also advises on insurance policy wordings and the structuring of insurance and reinsurance programmes.
- Double first, History, Cambridge University
- Distinction, Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, City University
- Barrister, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Reviewing all aspects of a major financial institution's captive insurance and reinsurance programme, covering crime, D&O, property damage and business interruption, general liability and terrorism wordings
- Undertaking a detailed review of a commodities liability insurance policy for a major financial institution
- Reviewing and recommending enhancements to a global bank's primary and excess specie wordings
- Advising insurers on warranty & indemnity insurance wording matters.
- Advising a bank on a US$12m claim under a stock throughput insurance policy
- Advising insurers on various warranty & indemnity insurance claims
- Acting for an insured on a £10m claim under a property damage insurance policy
- Advising a bank on a substantial marine cargo insurance claim.
- Acting for the owner and operator of a wind farm on a successful judicial review of a decision by Ofgem
- Acting for a law firm on a long-running and high-profile civil fraud claim by the credit hire operator, Accident Exchange Limited
- Acting for a private equity fund in defence of multiple breach of warranty claims arising from the sale of a company
- Acting for a housing association in defence of a substantial negligence claim arising from a fire at a property
- Advising an insurance company on a contractual dispute with an IT services provider.
- Described as "super-smart", Legal 500 2019: Commercial Litigation
- Data breach litigation - here to stay?, Corporate Disputes Magazine, April 2019
- Cyber litigation in the information age, Corporate Disputes Magazine, March 2019
- Cyber litigation: the new frontier, Norton Rose Fulbright Corporate and Commercial Disputes Review, November 2018
- Disputes arising from M&A transactions, Corporate Disputes Magazine, June 2018
- Shareholder disputes roundtable, Corporate Disputes Magazine, March 2018
- After the deal: recent cases and trends in M&A disputes, Corporate and Commercial Disputes Review, March 2018
Publication | July 24, 2023
Blog | July 14, 2023
Blog | July 03, 2023