Related services and key industries
Matthew Hodkin is a tax lawyer based in London. He advises on corporate and international tax matters, with particular focus on transactions in the energy, infrastructure and transport sectors. He trained at the firm and became a partner in 2007.
Matthew is ranked in Chambers UK for his capabilities as a tax lawyer. He is a member of the Law Society's Corporation Tax Committee and the International Fiscal Association.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Gore Street Energy Storage Fund PLC (Gore Street), London's first stock market listed energy storage fund - on its acquisition of Ferrymuir Energy Storage Limited.
- A China Resources consortium - on its acquisition of (and the joint venture arrangements relating to) a 30 percent stake in the 402MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm, which is built off the coast in Norfolk in the United Kingdom, from Statkraft UK Limited.Advising RWE on its acquisition from Centrica of the new Kings Lynn 300MW replant CCGT.
- Greencoat UK Wind plc and Greencoat Renewable Income - on their joint £648m acquisition of a 49 percemt interest in the Humber Gateway offshore wind farm from RWE and the accompanying joint venture arrangements.
- RWE (as sponsor) - in relation to the disposal of stakes in the Gwynt-y-Mor offshore windfarm and accompanying joint venture arrangements. Also advising in relation to the tax treatment of, and disposal of the OFTO assets of that windfarm
- On the establishment of funds and joint ventures aimed at enabling investors to participate in renewable energy, aviation and shipping transactions.
- On the structuring, acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses in the UK renewable energy market.
- on BP on sale of Swiss and Lichtenstein retail and ground fuel units to Oel-Pool AG.
Chambers and Partners 2021
"Matthew Hodkin frequently advises clients in the energy and infrastructure spaces on the tax issues surrounding joint ventures and M&A. He is a specialist in the area and regularly guides developers and funders through the tax issues created by large projects."
"He has the ability to interpret and explain to non-specialists."
Matthew Hodkin is ranked in Who's Who Legal: Corporate Tax 2021
Member of the Law Society Corporation Tax Sub-Committee
Member of the International Fiscal Association
January 06, 2022
December 06, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright team wins Energy & Infrastructure Team of the Year at Law.com’s British Legal Awards
November 18, 2021
Publication | January 12, 2022
Publication | May 06, 2021
Publication | November 04, 2020
Webinar | July 02, 2020