Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Koen is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam. He handles a variety of national and international corporate and commercial disputes, with a strong focus on restructuring and insolvency related matters.
Prior to joining the dispute resolution and litigation team, Koen worked in the Amsterdam banking team. As a banking lawyer, he focused on a variety of international banking issues, such as asset based lending, shipping finance, aircraft finance and restructuring and insolvency.
Koen holds a LL.B and a LL.M degree from Maastricht University. He focused his Master's on corporate and commercial law and private law.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Orde van Advocaten: Koen Durlinger heeft in het rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten de volgende rechtsgebieden geregistreerd: Algemeen recht
- A LatAm oil and gas company – advised the lenders on the high-profile restructuring of US$850 million of facilities.
- A Brazilian oil and gas company – advised on the restructuring of a joint venture to release/preserve value in the context of a high-profile insolvency proceeding.
- A telecoms company – advised noteholders under the €7.5 billion global note program of a potentially insolvent company.
- CMBS issuer – assisted on €545 million notes to successfully restructure its debt in a suspension of payments.
- A major bank – advised on recovering US$27 million under a ship finance facility.
Mark Craggs (London office), Guillaume Rudelle (Paris office) and Koen Durlinger (Amsterdam office) for INSOL World - The New EU Restructuring Directive
Dutch senate passes new law to allow for monetary claims in class-actions in the Netherlands - https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en/news/095c1824/dutch-senate-passes-new-law-to-allow-for-monetary-claims-in-class-actions-in-the-netherlands
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- Amsterdam Bar Association (Amsterdamse Orde van Advocaten)
- The Netherlands Association for Comparative and International Insolvency Law (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Rechtsvergelijkend en Internationaal Insolventierecht)
- INSOLAD - prospective member
Publication | December 22, 2020
Publication | November 04, 2020
Publication | October 2020
UK: Restructuring in Europe: An update on emergency measures introduced in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands
Webinar | September 30, 2020