Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers Canada with the highest distinction of Band 1 ranking in a number of practice areas and regions.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada continues to rank Band 1 in the following:
- Corporate Commercial: The Elite (Quebec)
- Dispute Resolution (Alberta)
- Dispute Resolution (Quebec)
- Employment and Labour (Nationwide)
- Employment and Labour (Alberta)
- Employment and Labour (Quebec)
Norton Rose Fulbright is newly recognized in the following four categories:
- Agribusiness: Agriculture & Food Products (Nationwide)
- Capital Markets (Nationwide)
- Life Sciences (Nationwide)
- Real Estate (Quebec)
The following four individuals were ranked as an Eminent Practitioner (a highly influential lawyer who is less active in fee-earning work but remains a key player in the team) or as a Senior Statesman (a lawyer who is pivotal to the firm’s success by virtue of his close relationships with major clients):
- Andrew Fleming (Senior Statesman: Corporate/Commercial - Ontario)
- John B. West (Senior Statesman: Employment and Labour - Nationwide and Ontario)
- Norman M. Steinberg, Ad E (Eminent Practitioner: Corporate/Commercial - Quebec)
- Wilfrid Lefebvre (Senior Statesman: Tax - Litigation)
The following 10 individuals were ranked in Band 1:
- Clarke Hunter (Band 1: Dispute Resolution - Alberta)
- Don Davies (Band 1: Energy: Oil & Gas - Regulatory)
- Jean Piette (Band 1: Environment)
- Luc Beaulieu (Band 1: Employment and Labour - Quebec)
- Martin Rochette (Band 1: Pensions & Benefits)
- Olivier F. Kott (Band 1: Construction)
- Pierre Bienvenu, Ad E (Band 1: Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Nationwide; and Band 1: Dispute Resolution - Quebec)
- Richard A. Wagner (Band 1: Public Procurement)
- Richard Charney (Band 1: Employment and Labour – Nationwide; and Band 1: Employment and Labour - Ontario)
- William Armstrong (Band 1: Employment and Labour - Alberta)
In total, 65 Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers were recognized across 35 practice areas and regions.
Published annually since 1999, Chambers and Partners’ global directory covers the legal markets of 180-plus countries by conducting interviews with thousands of clients and legal professionals to identify leading lawyers and law firms. Chambers’ team of 150 full-time researchers is solely responsible for determining which law firms are included in the directory.
Please refer to Chambers’ online directory for more information on the 2017 rankings.