Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Thomas Savery is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a focus on energy and natural resources. He has experience with both domestic and international energy matters.
Thom helps our clients in a number of ways. He assists with asset transactions, transactions involving privately held securities, and regulatory matters. Thom's practice includes drafting agreements and transactional documents, analyzing corporate structure, analyzing contracts, conducting due diligence, conducting title review, managing and organizing transactional closings, and preparing research memoranda.
While articling with us, Thom was seconded to a major Canadian energy company where he worked closely with in-house counsel on a variety of day-to-day matters. Prior to attending law school, Thom held leadership positions in the film and television industry where he worked closely with clients to produce bespoke video content.
- Alberta 2018
Mr. Savery has acted for the following clients:
- Serafina Energy Ltd., a Calgary-based private energy company with thermal heavy oil operations in Saskatchewan, on its completion of an asset exchange transaction with Husky Oil Operations Limited involving C$116 million in aggregate asset value
- Paramount Resources Ltd. on its C$470 million disposition to an affiliate of CSV Midstream Solutions Corp. of the Karr 6-18 natural gas facility
- Mocal Energy Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration Corporation) in connection with its US$730 million disposition of a 5% participating interest in the Syncrude oilsands project to Suncor Energy Ventures Partnership
- Conducted title review and due diligence for the purchase and sale of a large number of Alberta oilsands leases
- Assisted local oil field services company with the acquisition of drilling equipment from an insolvent drilling company
- Assisting secured lenders with the registration and transfer of security notices through Alberta Energy
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta