Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Belinda is a competition/anti-trust and regulatory lawyer based in Sydney.
Belinda advises Australian and international corporate clients, utilities, and regulators on all aspects of competition law and the regulation of essential services, including energy, rail, ports and other infrastructure.
Belinda has extensive experience in advising on and obtaining clearance for domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on multi-jurisdictional matters. Her merger clearance experience is well recognised in the Australian legal market. Belinda also advises on the structuring of joint ventures and other collaborative arrangements within the bounds of competition law, anti-competitive conduct and matters of compliance. She has a depth of experience in advising in the pharmaceutical, FMCG, fianancial services, technology, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors.
Belinda is a dedicated competition/anti-trust lawyer with over 10 years’ experience. Prior to joining private practice in 2008, Belinda was a lawyer with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) advising on mergers and acquisitions, exclusive dealing authorisations, and other competition law litigation. She also worked as an investigator in the enforcement division and as a project officer in the telecommunications group of the ACCC, and in the gas division of the Australian Energy Regulator.
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2006
- Obtained clearance for China Mengniu Dairy to acquire the iconic Australian brand - Bellamy's.
- Acheiving competition and FIRB clearance for Snackbrands Australia's acquisition of Yarra Valley Snack Foods.
- Obtaining Australian competition clearance for Gemalto's EUR 4.8billion purchase by Thales.
- Obtaining competition clearance in Australia for Energizer's global $2.2billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands Battery and Lighting business.
- Achieving competition clearance for OfficeMax's merger with WINC in a Phase II ACCC investigation.
- Achieving competition clearance for IPMG on its merger with PMP in a Phase II ACCC investigation.
- Acting for Reckitt Benckiser on its global acquisition of a consumer product line from J&J, achieving competition clearance prior to an anticipated Phase II investigation.
- Acting for Life Technologies Corporation in respect of merger filings arising from the US$13.6bn global acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Publication | July 07, 2020
Thought leadership | July 02, 2020
Publication | June 01, 2020
Publication | March 03, 2020