Related services and key industries
Lynn Yang is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai. She focuses her practice on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investment, and reorganization of investment portfolios in China in a wide range of sectors. Lynn has extensive knowledge of dealing with transactional and regulatory aspects of PRC-related financial services matters, including insurance and fund management. Her areas of practice also include capital inflow and outflow under the QFII, RQFII and QDII regimes.
Lynn graduated from Peking University School of Law in 1995 and New York University School of Law in 2000 and was admitted to the New York Bar in March 2001. Lynn has worked for leading international law firms since 2000. She also has experience of working as an in-house lawyer of a US Fortune 100 Company in Beijing from 1995 to 1999.
Rankings and awards
- Top 15 Female Lawyers - Asian Legal Business (ALB) China 2020
- Leading lawyer for Insurance and Reinsurance - Who's Who Legal China 2015-2020
- Stand-Out Talent - Acritas Stars Survey 2019-2020
- Mentioned for Corporate and M&A, and Regulatory/compliance - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, China (foreign firms), 2018-2020
- A Highly-regarded individual for M&A - IFLR 1000, China (foreign firms), 2019-2020
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Bayer AG and its affiliates on China aspects of the US$ 1 billion asset transfers for the divestiture of Bayer's Diabetes Care Business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings.
- A UK private equity investor on the share restructuring and the proposed IPO at a Chinese stock exchange of a pharmaceutical company registered in North China.
- A UK leading media group on China aspects of disposal of certain data services business. The transaction in China involves share sales of several joint ventures and de-registration of a representative office in China.
- A leading European insurance group on its life joint venture, establishment of insurance asset management company and regulatory advise on its P&C joint venture in China.
- A leading insurance groups on its proposed acquisition of a life insurance joint venture in China.
- China Reinsurance Group on various cross-border reinsurance and regulatory matters, and its proposed corporate strategy for its international operation.
- Several Chinese sovereign wealth funds and Chinese financial institutions on their overseas investments.
- A leading global asset management group on its proposed establishment of a private fund management company and the application for RQFII license.
Publication | January 07, 2021
Publication | November 12, 2020
Publication | November 06, 2020
Publication | September 25, 2020