Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Paul Toua is an energy and corporate lawyer based in Brisbane, Australia but he also spends time with our practice in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. He is duly admitted to practice in both jurisdictions.
Paul focuses his practice on energy and resources but he has advised clients across infrastructure projects, corporate law and banking and finance.
He offers services to clients ranging from specific advisory services to working as part of multi disciplined project teams for energy or infrstructure projects. He has specific experience with projects in developing countries and in particular, Papua New Guinea.
- L.L.B (Hons); The University of Papua New Guinea, 1991
- L.L.M in Energy and Resources Law; The University of Melbourne, 2016
- Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales 2003
- National and Supreme Court of Papua New Guinea 1992
- Santos Limited - in its purchase of a 31% interest in the Hides Gas Field from Oil Search Limited.
- Daewoo Corporation - in the build, own, operate and transfer project for a 24MW diesel power station in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
- InterOil Corporation - acted as part of a multidisciplined project team to build and operate a condensate stripping facility in the Gulf Province, Papua New Guinea.
- InterOil Corporation - on the US$28.3m acquisition of Shell PNG's downstream assets.
- InterOil Corporation - in the succesful settlement of a US$7m blow out insurance claim with Lloyds of London (Watkins Syndicate).
- Member, PNG Law Society
- Member, NSW Law Society