Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
Katherine Fleming is an aviation and asset finance lawyer based in Singapore.
She has acted for airlines and lessors on a range of aircraft leasing matters, including: operating leases; wet leases; spare engine leases; aircraft acquisition and disposals; and new manufacturer purchase orders.
She also has experience of advising on aircraft financing, including: debt finance (including Islamic financing); tax structures; capital markets financing (including EETC); and export credit financing. Katherine also recently completed a secondment at Standard Chartered in its Singapore office.
- University of Cambridge, History, MA (Cantab)
- College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
- qualified in England & Wales
- Assisted a lender with the financing of a new Boeing 737-800 aircraft for lease by a Korean low cost carrier
- Advised a senior lender on the financing of a new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for lease by a Korean airline
- Supported an operating lessor on the operating leases of six used Boeing 737-800 aircraft for lease to a Korean low cost carrier and the back-to-back purchase of those aircraft
- Advised the lender on the restructuring of a series of loan and lease facilities for Sikorsky and Eurocopter helicopters operated by CHC Helicopters
- Advised an airline on its Japanese operating leases for four new Boeing 787-9 aircraft with various Japanese equity providers and international financial institutions
- Assisted InterGlobe Aviation Limited with its operating leases for used Airbus A320 aircraft, the sale and lease back for new Airbus A320 aircraft, novations and lease amendments
- Supported Scandinavian Airlines System Denmark-Norway-Sweden on the sale and leaseback of new Airbus A320neo aircraft
- Advised an airline on its purchase order for Airbus A320 family aircraft from Airbus
- Assisted an airline with its EETC financing for fourteen new aircraft with Japanese operating leases
- Advised lenders on the export credit-supported financing and leasing of helicopters from AgustaWestland and Airbus Helicopters for a global helicopter service provider to be operated and registered in a range of jurisdictions, including Nigeria, East Timor, Mozambique, The Netherlands and Australia
- Guided European export credit agencies and lenders on the export credit-supported debt financing (with capital markets take out option) of fifteen ATR 72-600 aircraft for leasing and operation by member airlines within the Avianca-TACA airline group
- Advised European export credit agencies and lenders on the export credit-supported financing of Airbus A320, A321, A330 and A380 aircraft for a variety of operating lessors and airlines for operation in a range of jurisdictions, including Fiji, Jordan, India, Indonesia, Australia and Malaysia.