Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
Johnson Teo is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Singapore.
His practice focuses on advising and representing clients in cross-border disputes and international arbitration. Johnson also advises corporates on Singapore employment law matters, including on issues relating to the drafting of employment contracts and termination of employment.
Johnson is admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- Advocate & Solicitor (Supreme Court of Singapore, practising under section 36E of the Legal Profession Act) 2017
- Advising and representing a large Indian infrastructure conglomerate, the Employer, in an ad hoc arbitration seated in India under the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 with a hearing venue in Singapore. The dispute arises out of a suite of contracts for the construction of a 4 x 350MW coal-fired power plant in India, in relation to claims brought by the main contractor valued at over US$500m for (among other things) delay, variation of works and liquidated damages.
- Advising and representing an Indian energy conglomerate in Singapore seated SIAC Arbitration concerning disputes quantified at US$100m arising out the construction and commissioning of a 1,000+ MW coal-fired power plant in India.
- Advising and representing a European manufacturer of hydroelectric power plant equipment in an ICC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning disputes arising out of various manufacturing contracts against an Asian main contractor and purchaser of equipment.
- Advising and representing an Asian food and beverage franchisor in Singapore seated SIAC Arbitration concerning disputes with its franchisee arising out of its franchise operations in Malaysia.