Norton Rose Fulbright (Middle East) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Orlando is a regulation and investigations lawyer based in our Dubai office. As a former US federal prosecutor (Assistant US Attorney) and Foreign Resident Legal Advisor for the US Department of Justice, Orlando heads our Middle East regulation and investigations practice.
Orlando represents clients in dispute resolution, including: international arbitration; internal, government and cross-border investigations; civil, criminal and regulatory compliance; global anti-bribery, anti-corruption and fraud prevention; international criminal matters; and asset tracing and recovery.
Orlando also represents clients before numerous arbitration panels, including: the Dubai International Financial Centre; the Dubai World Tribunal; the Dubai International Arbitration Centre; US federal and state trial and appellate courts; US Congressional committees; US federal, state, and local legislative and administrative bodies; and international tribunals and commissions.
Orlando's experience spans various industries, including: energy; transport; infrastructure, mining and commodities; financial institutions; government; life sciences and healthcare; manufacturing; real estate; retail; hotels; technology and innovation.
Orlando has been awarded a Band 1 distinction for three consecutive years in Chambers Global rankings for his work in corporate investigations.
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- admitted in District of Columbia
- Louisiana State Bar
- Dubai's largest developer – advised on several multi-million dollar disputes before the Dubai World Tribunal and Dubai International Arbitration Centre.
- Multinational companies – assisted with significant internal corporate investigations in Afghanistan, Angola, Egypt, India, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
- Multinational companies – advised on compliance and remediation programs in the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, and India.
- Healthcare, oil and gas, cosmetics, logistics, banking, and telecommunications multinationals – provided compliance advice and training.
- Two central Asian governments – assisted with major asset-tracing and recovery matters.
Global: The effect of the lockdown on criminal and regulatory investigations, enforcements and prosecutions
Publication | May 29, 2020
Webinar | May 05, 2020
Update | April 02, 2020
Publication | March 25, 2020