Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Kaitlin Smiley's practice focuses on complex civil and commercial litigation, including shareholder disputes, oppression claims, corporate disputes, negligence and professional liability, class actions, product liability, and securities litigation. Related to these issues, Kaitlin has represented clients in the pharmaceutical industry, financial sector, and real estate industry. She also advises underwriters on insurance coverage matters, conducts hearings in front of administrative boards, and advises clients on issues relating to maritime torts and contracts, insurance claims, and other dispute resolution matters.
Kaitlin is a member of our special situations team that deals with public company disputes, such as proxy fights and takeover bids. Kaitlin has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as the Canadian Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal, handling complex interlocutory applications, petition hearings, and conducting trials.
- British Columbia 2010
- Canadian Bar Association - Maritime, Civil Litigation, Securities and Insurance subsections
- Canadian Maritime Law Association
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association British Columbia Branch Maritime Law Section
- Law Society of British Columbia
- The Advocates' Society
- Marine Insurance Association of British Columbia