Nicholas Gwilliam Santangelo
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Nick is an associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. His practice focuses on maritime and international finance, secured lending and corporate matters. Nick routinely represents financial institutions, borrowers and funds in finance, joint venture and acquisition matters and in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2015
BA, German, Linguistics, Georgetown University, 2010
- New York State Bar
- Represented lenders in relation to the up to US$57.5 million financing of two rail ferries for joint venture between US-based shipping company and rail company.
- Represented lenders with respect to New York and Marshall Islands law on the US$51.3 million and US$165 million bridge financings of four newly constructed very large crude carriers acquired by private fund borrower.
- Represented a private fund borrower on matters of New York and Marshall Islands law in relation to a US$7,480,000 facility upsize to finance the installation of scrubbers on its fleet of twelve product tankers.
- Represented a public fund borrower on matters of New York and Marshall Islands law in relation to negotiated put option and capital call agreements in lieu of a parent guarantee to secure a US$75 million vessel financing.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders with respect to US$515 million refinancing of fourteen LPG carriers.
- Represented group of lenders in original $210,000,000 financing of fleet of twenty one bulk carriers and subsequent exercise of US$34 million accordion to fund an additional three vessels for publicly traded Eagle Bulk.
- Advised the lenders on a US$2.2 billion restructuring of NYSE-listed Danaos Corp (DAC), one of the world's largest independent owners of modern, large-size containerships.
- Counsel to bank on the financing of a cruise ship to be built by the Ulstein Group (based in Norway) for US-listed Lindblad Expeditions.
- Counsel to private fund borrower in relation to the US$93,700,000 re-financing of twelve product tankers.
- Counsel to banks on the US$280 million refinancing of Eagle Bulk Shipping's fleet of vessels.
- Counsel to bank with respect to New York and Marshall Islands law Spanish ECA-backed two vessel construction and financing.
- Counsel to bank in the acquisition of a privately held equipment finance company.
- Counsel to a syndicate of banks on a New York law Korean ECA-backed US$760 million facility to finance a fleet of eighteen newly constructed vessels.
- Legal 500 US, rising star, Transport: shipping - finance, The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Transport: shipping - finance, The Legal 500, 2020
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Young Shipping Professionals of New York
Nick has been continuously involved with Fordham Law School's competition team for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot as a competitor, coach and volunteer arbitrator and was awarded Honourable Mention for Best Oralist at the 2014 Moot.