Anna R. Biegelsen
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Anna R. BiegelsenvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Anna is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Washington, DC office. She focuses her practice on regulatory, compliance, enforcement and transactional issues for energy and commodity companies and financial institutions participating in US energy markets.
Anna represents clients in regulatory proceedings and enforcement matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Additionally, she works with clients to implement compliance programs, and to develop trainings on the requirements of the Federal Power Act, the Natural Gas Act, the Commodity Exchange Act and FERC's and CFTC's regulations.
JD, Harvard Law School, 2012
BA, St. John's College, 2008
While in law school, Anna participated as subscriptions manager and a senior editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. Anna also participated in a clinical program at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston, as a law clerk in the Drug Task Force.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Florida State Bar
- Regulatory due diligence for generation asset acquisition
- Federal Power Act section 203 application and related regulatory filings
- FERC enforcement matters related to: market manipulation; compliance with market based authorization and related regulations
- CFTC enforcement matters related to violation of CFTC regulations and exchange rules including position limits and rules governing non-competitive transactions
- Legal 500 US, rising star, Energy regulation: conventional power, The Legal 500, 2019 - 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Energy regulation: conventional power, The Legal 500, 2019 - 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Energy Law, Best Lawyers, 2021