Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ross Shepard’s practice focuses on a broad range of domestic and international business transactions and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies, divestitures, joint ventures, public offerings and private placements of securities and matters relating to private equity. These transactions involve businesses in a wide range of industries, including energy (with a particular emphasis on renewable energy), manufacturing, aerospace and defense, technology, software, food and retail.
In addition to his transactional practice, Ross routinely advises public companies on matters related to securities regulation and compliance, corporate governance and equity-based compensation plans, including on SEC filings, public disclosures, trading by insiders, corporate governance and other board and executive officer policies, guidelines and procedures, and design and administration of incentive compensation plans.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2014
BA, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- New York State Bar
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented World Fuel Services Corporation in its acquisitions of PAPCO Inc. and Associated Petroleum Products, Inc.
- Represented Tenaska Capital Management
- in its sales of:
- a 1,293 MW portfolio of three gas-fired electric power generation facilities in California, Virginia and West Virginia; and
- a 5,000 MW portfolio of seven gas-fired electric power generation facilities in New York, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan;
- and in its acquisition of:
- a 250 MW combined cycle gas turbine power generation facility in Massachusetts.
- in its sales of:
- Represented Rockwell Automation, Inc. in its acquisition of Maverick Technologies, a leading systems integrator.
- Represented Ormat Technologies, Inc. in its acquisitions of:
- substantially all the business and assets of Viridity Energy, Inc., a demand response, energy management and energy storage services provider; and
- NYSE American-listed U.S. Geothermal Inc.
- Represented The Carlyle Group / Cogentrix in its sales of:
- a utility-scale high-concentration photovoltaic solar power generation facility in Colorado; and
- a portfolio of five hydroelectric power generation facilities in Massachusetts.
- Represented DRS Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Daylight Solutions, Inc., a leading developer and supplier of quantum cascade laser based products and technology.
- Represented Silicon Ranch Corporation in its acquisition of a portfolio of solar projects from certain affiliates of SunEdison, Inc.
- Represented Gainesville Renewable Energy Center, LLC in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including the approximately 102.5 MW biomass electricity generating facility located in the City of Gainesville, Florida.
- Represented I Squared Capital in its acquisition of IC Power Ltd.'s Latin American and Caribbean electric power generation and distribution businesses.
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of certain aircraft telecommunication assets.
- Represented Ullico Inc.
- in its acquisition of:
- a portfolio of four solar projects located in Canada from DIF Infrastructure III;
- a portfolio of four solar projects located in Canada from BlackRock Real Assets;
- a minority stake in Southern Star Central Corporation, which owns approximately 6,000 miles of natural gas transmission pipeline in the Midwest and Mid-Continent regions of the US, and in the formation of a related joint venture; and
- in connection with an investment in Tidewater, a multi-commodity transportation and terminal company.
- in its acquisition of:
- Represented Demica in connection with two equity raises.
- Represented Origis Energy in connection with an equity investment in Origis USA LLC by Global Atlantic Financial Group and the sale of a development pipeline of 12 utility-scale solar projects in the United States to Global Atlantic Financial Group.
- Represented Enel Green Power in its sale of 80 percent of the share capital of a newly formed Mexican holding company that indirectly owns a portfolio comprising eight renewable energy projects.
- Represented Orsted Renewables N.A. LLC in its acquisition of Lincoln Clean Energy, LLC.
- Represented 8minute Solar Energy in its sale of a 200 MW solar project located in Nolan County, Texas.
- Represented the selling shareholders in the sale of Tradewind Energy, Inc.to Enel Green Power North America.
- Represented a social infrastructure fund in its acquisition of a district energy services business.
- Represented Major Food Group in connection with an equity investment in its popular casual Italian dining business by Simon.
- Represented SolarCity Corporation and Tesla Energy in several securitizations of cash flows from distributed solar generation systems and SolarCity Corporation in multiple securitizations of distributed solar loan assets.
- Represented Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. in its US$900 million registered public debt offering comprised of US$400 million of notes due 2020 and US$500 million notes due 2025.
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its US$225 million registered public debt offering of notes due 2024.
- Represented Rockwell Automation, Inc.:
- in its US$1 billion registered public debt offering comprised of US$425 million of notes due 2029 and US$575 million of notes due 2049; and
- in its US$600 million registered public debt offering comprised of US$300 million of notes due 2020 and US$300 million of notes due 2025.
- Advise Ormat Technologies, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Advise Rockwell Automation, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Advise Meritor, Inc. on US securities laws, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- "SEC Proposes Long-Awaited Pay for Performance Disclosure Rules," Legal Update, May 4, 2015