Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
William Greason’s practice is largely devoted to the representation of public and private companies in a wide range of corporate and securities matters. Mr. Greason focuses on mergers and acquisitions in various industries and regions as well as US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-registered offerings of debt and equity securities, the private placement and resale of securities in accordance with Regulation D, Rule 144A and Regulation S, corporate reorganizations and structured financings for US and international clients. Mr. Greason also advises clients on joint ventures and shareholder agreements, reorganizations and various regulatory matters under the US securities laws, including periodic corporate filings, Section 16 issues and Rule 144.
Mr. Greason has also represented originators, brokers, international investment banks and investors in connection with structuring, negotiating and executing transactions involving life insurance policies in connection with life settlement and viatical transactions, arbitrage transactions involving life insurance policies and premium finance plans. He served as managing partner in London from 1998 until his return to New York in 2004.
JD, Fordham University School of Law, 1987
MBA, University of Notre Dame, 1984
BBA, University of Notre Dame, 1983
- New York State Bar
- Representing NextEra Energy in connection with its attempted acquisition of Energy Future Holdings Corp. and Oncor Electric through a merger of EFH into a subsidiary of NextEra in a transaction with an enterprise value of approximately US$18.4 billion.
- Represented Ørsted North America, Inc. in connection with the ongoing US$580 million acquisition of Lincoln Clean Energy (LCE), a US-based onshore wind farm developer.
- Represented John Laing on its equity investments in the I-4 Ultimate P3, the Denver Eagle P3 and on various corporate matters in the US.
- Represented a consortium in connection with the procurement for the Goethals Bridge replacement project between Elizabeth, New Jersey and Staten Island, New York.
- Represented Isolux Infrastructure Netherlands B.V. in connection with the concession for the I-69 Section 5 Project in Indiana.
- Represented Eagle Creek Renewable Energy LLC in several acquisitions of hydro projects.
- Represented a family-owned business in connection with the acquisition of a chemical business.
- Represented a company formed by Brisa and CCR in connection with the concession to operate and maintain the Northwest Parkway toll road in Colorado and related financings.
- Represented a family-owned global consumer products company in connection with an internal restructuring of its US operations.
- Represented a German corporation in connection with a restructuring of its US operations and a related acquisition financing.
- Represented a leading international stock exchange in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a US business.
- Represented a publicly traded Spanish corporation in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a chain of Panamanian casinos.
- Represented an insurance company in a restructuring of debt to equity.
- Represented Golden Telecom, Inc., a Russian-based CLEC (completive local exchange carrier), in the US$4.2 billion acquisition of Golden Telecom by VimpelCom, a leading cellular operator in the CIS, through a tender offer and merger.
- Represented NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a series of transactions designed to restructure its balance sheet, including a private placement of convertible debt, the sale by a wholly owned, special-purpose vehicle of Class B Notes backed by the royalty payments from a single drug in a Rule 144A offering a tender offer for NPS' outstanding convertible debt and a license with Amgen Inc. to provide advance payment of royalties to NPS.
- Represented an international group of investors in the formation of a private equity fund in conjunction with the acquisition of a software company.
- Represented a sponsor of a life settlement pool and a life insurance policy premium finance plan.
- Represented the originator in the securitization of royalty payments based on a single drug which was financed by a Rule 144A offering.
- Represented VimpelCom in the first SEC-registered offering of securities by a Russian company and its listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Jazztel p.l.c., a Spanish-based CLEC, in its initial public offering (IPO), three high-yield debt offerings and syndicated loans in addition to the group’s financial restructuring.
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, M&A corporate and commercial - M&A - middle-market ($500m-$999m), The Legal 500, 2018
- IFLR1000 – United States, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018 - 2020
- "Materiality Scrapes Trending Upward in Private Deals," Deal Lawyers, July-August 2014
- "SEC Issues Order for Partial Stay of Conflict Minerals Rules," Client Alert, May 5, 2014
- "Drafting Tips for Purchase Price Adjustment Clauses: NYC Bar Association Weighs In," Corporate Practice NewsWire, May 2014
- "SEC Issues Guidance on Conflict Minerals Rules," Client Alert, April 30, 2014
- "U.S. Court of Appeals Issues Ruling in Conflict Minerals Case," Client Alert, April 21, 2014
- "Boilerplate Matters: Are Prohibited Assignments Permitted?," Corporate Practice NewsWire, September 2012
- "'Til Deadlock Do Us Part," Corporate Practice NewsWire, May 2012
- "Boilerplate Matters: Severability Clauses," Corporate Practice NewsWire, May 2012
- "Boilerplate Matters: Giving Notice," Deal Lawyers, March-April 2012
- "SEC Proposes Rules Requiring Listing Standards Related To Compensation Committees and Compensation Consultants," Client Alert, April 4, 2011
- "Dodd-Frank Act: Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance Provisions," Client Alert, August 12, 2010
- "Certain Shelf Registration Statements Will Expire Beginning December 1, 2008," Client Alert, July 31, 2008
- "SEC Adopts Long-Awaited Final Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, April 10, 2007
- "SEC Re-proposes Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 9, 2007
- "SEC's Proposed Rules to Ease Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 31, 2006
- "Reminder: New Form 8-K Requirements Take Effect August 23, 2004," Client Alert, June 1, 2004