Sarah Jean Kilker
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Sarah Jean focuses her practice on transactional and regulatory matters in the healthcare and life sciences sectors. Her expertise includes mergers and acquisitions, healthcare regulatory and compliance matters, health technology, telemedicine, and general healthcare business matters.
Sarah Jean has experience working on all aspects of healthcare deals, including conducting and coordinating effective due diligence, drafting and negotiating agreements, closing, and implementation. Representative clients include hospital systems, large specialty physician groups, academic medical centers, and other healthcare clients.
Sarah Jean's regulatory experience includes providing analysis and operational guidance with respect to state and federal healthcare fraud and abuse laws, state licensure issues, corporate practice of medicine prohibitions, and other regulatory and compliance matters. Sarah Jean has counseled clients through a wide range of compliance issues, including internal investigation and disclosure of potential overpayments under the Stark Law self-disclosure protocol.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Sarah Jean was an attorney in the legal department of a large nonprofit health system, where she gained experience in physician contracting, academic medical center operations, and hospital regulatory issues.
- J.D., Washington University, 2016
- Certificate in public interest law
- Senior Editor of the Washington University Law Review
- BA, magna cum laude, History and Political Science, Augustana College, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Missouri State Bar
- Co-author, "Reform of privacy rules related to substance use disorder treatment: Practical implications," Health Law Check-Up, Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, December 31, 2020
- Co-author, "How behavioral health care rules are evolving for COVID-19," Law360, April 3, 2020
- Co-author, "CMS publishes CY 2019 Home Health and Home Infusion Therapy final rule," Norton Rose Fulbright Health Law Pulse, November 2, 2018
- Co-author, "Deregulatory wave prompts renewed examination of Stark Law application," Norton Rose Fulbright Health Law Pulse, February 2, 2018
- Co-author, "Judge doubles down on finding of materiality in FCA case," Norton Rose Fulbright Health Law Pulse, September 26, 2017
- "Effectiveness of Federal Regulation of Mobile Medical Apps," Washington University Law Review, 2016
- American Health Law Association
- Behavioral Health Task Force
- Missouri Hospital Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
Publication | December 2020
Webinar | December 03, 2020
Publication | April 3, 2020