Garry J. Padrta
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Asset and wealth management
- Corporate governance
Garry J. Padrta is a senior associate in the corporate, M&A and securities practice residing in Norton Rose Fulbright's Los Angeles office. Garry specializes in providing pratical, acessible, and results oreiented epresentation in complex, middle-market mergers and acquisitions transactions involving privately held businesses. He regularly represents strategic buyers and sellers, entrepreneurs, and private equity firms in a variety of transactions, including cross-border deals, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, management buyouts, recapitalizations, and reorganizations. In light of his client-focused approach, Garry often serves as outside general counsel for his clients across a wide-range of industries, including consumer products, apparel, manufacturing, and clean energy.
JD, UCLA School of Law, 2014
BA, cum laude, Political Science, University of Southern California, 2011
During law school, Garry was a judicial extern for the Honorable Christina A. Snyder in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Additionally Garry served as the Chief Managing Editor for the Journal of Environmental Law & Policy and was also on the Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team and a member of the Moot Court Honors Board.
- California State Bar
While at Norton Rose Garry has represented clients in the following matters:
- Sani-Tech West Inc., and its founders in their majority equity sale to a portfolio company of 3i Group plc.
- Upwell Water LLC in both its Series A financing, and its restructuring and growth equity financing from Crestview Partners.
- Duncan Enterprises in its divestiture of five seperate lines of busines.
- The management shareholders of Integrated Global Services, Inc., a portfolio company of Industrial Growth Partners, in Integrated Global Services' merger with a merger subsidiary of J.F. Lehman & Company.
- Vincente Capital Partners in its disposition of Rayne Corporation to Culligan Water, a portfolio company of Advent Capital.
- The management shareholders of Polymer Solutions Inc., f/k/a Sanders Industrial holdings Inc., a portfolio company of Industrial Growth Partners, in Polymer Solutions' merger with a merger subsidiary of Arcline Investment Management
Prior to joining Norton Rose, Garry was an associate at another Los Angeles law firm where he was involved in the following matters:
- Represented a high-end California based grocery chain in its minority sale to a New York based private equity firm.
- Represented one of the world's largest franchise fitness companies in five acquisitions of separate fitness brands.
- Represented a the portfolio company of a New York based private equity firm in its stock-for-stock acquisition of an international fitness company.
- Represented an apparel wholesaler in its $600M majority sale to a midwest private equity firm.
- Represented the management team of a large fitness company in their management buyout of a portfolio company of TPG Growth.
- Represented the founder of a Southern California based general contractor in its ESOP sale.
- Represented a California based baking company in its sale to a large New York based privately held corporation.
- Represented a Hong Kong based investment group in their acquisition of a large privately held apparel wholesaler from Sun Capital.
- Represented two Southern California based snack manufacturers in their majority sale to a San Francisco based private equity firm.
- Rising Star, Association for Corporate Growth, Los Angeles Chapter, 2017-2018
- Co-author, "Insight: The family office as private equity investor," Bloomberg Law, September 4, 2020
- Commercial Finance Conference of California Young Professionals Organization (Board Member)
August 13, 2020
August 10, 2020