Laura A. Hunt
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Laura A. HuntvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Laura Hunt is counsel in Norton Rose Fulbright's Washington, DC office and focuses her practice on electronic discovery and information governance. Laura has extensive experience advising on the implementation of large-scale and complex litigation holds, defensible collection of electronically stored information, and strategic formulation of document review plans that include the use of technology assisted review. Laura is highly skilled in negotiations regarding scope of discovery and other electronic discovery disputes. She provides comprehensive and practical training on the gamut of electronic discovery issues.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Laura served as Senior Litigation Counsel for Electronic Discovery in the United States Department of Justice's Civil Division in the FOIA, Records and Electronic Discovery Office.
Laura is an adjunct professor at American University's Washington College of Law where she teaches an upper-level course on electronic discovery.
- JD, University of Baltimore School of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
- University of Baltimore Law Review
- BA, government and politics, University of Maryland - College Park, 2009
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar
- Represented federal agencies in high-profile Freedom of Information Act matters
- Provided pro bono representation in landlord-tenant matters before the D.C. Superior Court
- Commentary on Legal Holds, Second Edition: The Trigger & The Process, The Sedona Conference, 2019
- "Trending: Proportionality in Electronic Discovery in Common Law Countries and the United States' Federal and State Courts," University of Baltimore Law Review, 2014
- "Just the Essentials, Please: Lessons from the Government on Defensible Preservation and Collection on a Tight Budget," Georgetown Advanced E-Discovery Institute, 2019
- "Ephemeral Messaging: Here Today . . . Gone in Minutes?" The Sedona Conference Annual Meeting, 2019
- Member, The Sedona Conference, Working Group 1 (Electronic Document Retention and Production)
- Advisory Board Member, Georgetown Advanced E-Discovery Institute, 2019
- Mentor, Georgetown E-Discovery Training Academy