Thomas E. Reddin
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Thomas E. ReddinvCard
Related services and key industries
Thomas (Tom) Reddin has been a trusted advisor and advocate for businesses and entrepreneurs throughout the country for more than 30 years. He represents and advises employers on the full range of employment law and litigation issues in today's business environment.
Tom has served as lead trial counsel in all areas of employment litigation, including cases filed under the anti-discrimination statutes (Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 1981, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination Act, the Equal Pay Act) as well as other employment-related statutes (the FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA). Tom also defends companies in response to alleged Rule 23 class actions, as well as alleged FLSA collective actions.
Tom regularly represents and counsels clients in relation to:
- Discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblower claims
- Trade secrets and unfair competition
- Federal and state wage and hour claims
- Workplace investigations
- Noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and other restrictive covenant claims
- Tort, commercial, and other business claims
Tom's litigation practice covers the full spectrum of litigation services, including pre-litigation counseling; risk and litigation management; and trials, hearings, and appeals before federal and state courts, administrative agencies, and other tribunals. In court, Tom is an experienced, resourceful, and effective litigator who aggressively tries cases without hesitation.
As a result of his unique insight gained from high stakes litigation, Tom is able to effectively partner with clients to anticipate and manage the multitude of risks presented by the modern workforce, including through the development of workplace policies and training programs, practical advice on specific employee issues, and contemplated employment actions. Tom also works closely with the firm's employee benefit and tax attorneys in preparing executive employment, compensation and severance agreements.
Tom is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
JD, Marquette University Law School, 1984
BA, Marquette University, 1981
- Texas State Bar
- Wisconsin State Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor and Employment, Best Lawyers, 2015-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management, Best Lawyers, 2021
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2003-2020
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment Star - South, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2019-2021
- "HR Guidance During the Pandemic," Speaker, Tri-State SHRM September Meeting, September 8, 2020
- "Mastering the FMLA and Other Forms of LOA," Speaker, Employee Benefits Roundtable, September 20, 2018
- "Navigating FMLA: May An Employee Be Entitled to Leave Beyond 12 Weeks?," September 7, 2018
- NLRB Update, Speaker, March 2018 CUE Conference, Tampa, Florida, March 2017
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association
- Employment Law Section
- Labor Law Advisory Council, CUE, Inc.
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Society for Human Resources Management
- American Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Litigation Law Section
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee
- ABA Advisory Panel