Head of risk consulting, Europe, Middle East and Asia
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
John Coley is head of our Regulatory Compliance Consulting practice for Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He advises clients across the regulatory spectrum and lifecycle, helping them to assess current arrangements, design and build improvements, and implement and embed new processes.
John has over 23 years' experience of financial services, across both business and regulation. He has run his own business and worked at the UK's financial services conduct regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
John works across a variety of regulatory engagements, including the following:
- Helping clients start new financial services businesses, including authorisations
- FCA interviews and training, including mock interviews
- Regulatory reviews
- Governance and oversight arrangements
- Conduct risk management frameworks and management information
- Compliance and risk frameworks
- Product governance
- Regulatory policies and procedures
- Sales practices, lending and advice
- File reviews and customer outcomes
- Post-sales handling, including complaints and arrears processes
John is skilled in helping clients manage relationships with regulators.
He also has extensive experience of regulatory Skilled Person's Reviews (s166) and of FCA enforcement practices. He has led a range of large and complex engagements, involving: regulatory reviews; business transformation processes; operating model changes; remediation and redress.
Publication | March 26, 2020
Update | March 09, 2020
Video | February 10, 2020