Ilana Beth Sinkin
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Ilana Sinkin is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Washington, D.C. office, where she focuses her practice on regulatory and government investigations, white collar criminal defense, compliance, and internal investigations for both corporations and individuals. Ilana has experience in a broad range of government and internal investigations, including investigations related to anticorruption laws such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and the UK Bribery Act ("UKBA"), sanctions and export control, securities enforcement, insider trading, financial fraud, the False Claims Act, and market manipulation.
Ilana also has experience designing anticorruption compliance policies and procedures, designing investigative plans, preparing witnesses for interviews, assisting in document collections and productions, managing document reviews, preparing investigative reports, responding to subpoenas, and participating in presentations to enforcement authorities, including the Department of Justice ("DOJ"), the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"), the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA"), the Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security ("BIS"), and Commodity Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC").
Ilana is admitted to practice law in Virginia and the District of Columbia. She is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court in the Eastern District of Virginia.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2013
BA, cum laude, Political Science, University of Pennsylvania, 2009
While in law school, Ilana was involved in the Public Interest Law Association as the Fundraising Director. She was also a member of the Virginia Journal of Social Policy & The Law.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Washington DC Rising Star, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Thomson Reuters, 2015 - 2019
- Co-author, "Teva Pharmaceuticals to Pay Nearly US$520M in Record-Breaking FCPA Settlement," HealthLaw Pulse, Dec. 26, 2016
- Co-author, "A Series Of Firsts In Muni Bond Enforcement Since 2010," Law360, Nov. 17, 2016
- Co-author, "Anti-Corruption Enforcement Is Escalating Worldwide," Law360, May 27, 2015
- Co-author, "FCPA and shareholder lawsuits: Avon wins dismissal, but companies must remain vigilant," Norton Rose Fulbright - Legal update, Oct. 2014
- D.C. Women's White Collar Defense Network
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publication | November 12, 2018
Publication | July 3, 2018
Publication | February 23, 2018
Publication | October 2017