Related services and key industries
Ellen Curnes's practice focuses on corporate, securities, finance and general business transactions. Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Ms. Curnes served as sole internal counsel for start-up technology companies, and was responsible for guiding organizational and administrative development. She has also served as senior counsel at a Fortune 50 company responsible for 1934 Act matters, public and private finance transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Curnes has also served as the Executive Director of an international humanitarian organization.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1987
BA, with highest distinction, political science, University of Kansas, 1983
While at law school, Ellen served as the articles editor for the Virginia Law Review and was selected to the Order of the Coif.
Ellen was admitted to practice in the State of Texas in 1987.
- Texas State Bar
- Corporate organization and governance of a closely held enterprise, including shareholder relationships and private funding transactions
- Negotiation and management of complex product license and subscription agreements
- Negotiation and management of cooperative service and development agreements
- Negotiation and management of outsourcing relationships in the People's Republic of China and India
- Corporate formation and management, contract negotiation and administration, intellectual property licensing and protection, and mergers and acquisitions for an affiliated group of communication services and workforce technology companies
- Coordinated 1934 Act reporting for a Fortune 50 transportation company
- Arapaho Heights Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors, 2014
- Juntos Servimos, Board of Directors, President