Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Noah Pollak represents project sponsors, lenders, financial institutions and other project participants in a wide range of domestic and international transactions. He has been particularly active in the acquisition, development, financing and operation of renewable and conventional energy infrastructure projects.
JD, magna cum laude, Seton Hall Law Review, Order of the Coif, Moot Court Board, Chancellor’s Scholar, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2005
BS, Hobart College, 1996
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented the lenders on more than $700 million of back-leverage debt facilities backed by residential solar projects.
- Represented I Squared Capital on the purchase and acquisition financing of Duke Energy's Latin American businesses in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina for a $1.2 billion enterprise value (PFR Latin America Power M&A Deal of the Year).
- Represented the lenders on the financing of the 30 MW Block Island Wind Farm, the first utility-scale offshore wind farm in the United States (IJGlobal North American Wind Deal of the Year).
- Represented the lenders, including MUFG, GECC and BNP Paribas, on the financing of the US$1 billion, 674 MW Salem Harbor gas-fired power project in Massachusetts (PFI Americas Power Deal of the Year).
- Represented the sponsors on the construction and financing of a utility scale wind project in Mexico.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in connection with its acquisition of Bayonne Energy Center (BEC) from an affiliate of ArcLight Capital Partners LLC and a subsequent financing for BEC. BEC includes both a 512 MW gas-fired power generation facility located in Bayonne, New Jersey and a 7-mile long transmission cable running beneath the Hudson River connecting the plant to the Consolidated Edison Gowanus substation.
- Represented the sponsor on a US$100M portfolio loan facility for the acquisition, construction and operation of distributed solar projects.
- Represented an investor on tax equity investments in wind and solar projects under construction in New England.
- Represented Atlantic Power Limited Partnership and its subsidiaries in connection with new senior secured credit facilities comprising a US$600 million term loan B facility and a US$210 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented the lenders in GWF Energy's US$305 million construction and term financing that will fund the conversion of the 169 MW Tracy peaker plant to a 314 MW combined cycle facility.
- Represented Duke Energy in the US$375 million debt refinancing of a 290 MW wind portfolio in the United States.
- Represented the lenders in connection with El Paso Corp.'s credit facility supporting construction of its approximately 190-mile Elba Express interstate natural gas pipeline located in Georgia and South Carolina.
- Represented the lenders in the US$649.4 million acquisition refinancing of a portfolio of four conventional power projects totaling 460 MW in Canada and the United States.
- Represented Terra-Gen Power in the financing of 402 MW of the Alta Wind Energy Center in California (which included a Rule 144A bond offering, a bank cash grant bridge facility and a forward commitment for a sale-leaseback).
- Represented Siemens Financial Services, Inc. in connection with the financing of Cannon Power Corporation's Windy Flats 262 MW wind project located in Washington. The project structure contemplated a cash grant from the U.S. Government.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. and others as equity investors in connection with investments in wind power projects.
- Represented the lenders in connection with GenPower Holdings' US$130 million construction financing for the Dunkard Creek water treatment facility which will service Longview Power, LLC's approximately 769 MW coal-fired power generation facility in West Virginia.
- Represented The AES Corporation in its refinancing of the Termoelectrica del Golfo and Termoelectrica del Penoles 230 MW petroleum-coke fired projects in Mexico.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders in connection with the disposition of restructured debt and equity interests in the Orinoco Iron Project, a hot-briquetted iron project located in Venezuela.
- "Examining Opportunities in the New Massachusetts SREC Market," New York, NY, March 18, 2014
February 14, 2019
January 08, 2018
Chadbourne Advises I Squared Capital on Purchase of Large Portfolio of Infrastructure Assets in Latin America
October 11, 2016