Peter B. Siegal
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Peter B. SiegalvCard
Related services and key industries
Peter Siegal represents clients in complex cases in the United States courts of appeals and Supreme Court. He also provides strategic analysis and dispositive briefing in significant, law-intensive matters before federal agencies and trial courts. Peter has been named a "Rising Star" for appellate litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine each of the last three years.
Peter joined Norton Rose Fulbright's appellate practice in 2018. Prior to that, he practiced at a litigation boutique in Washington, D.C., and served as a law clerk to the Honorable William J. Kayatta, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
JD, magna cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law, 2012
BA, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008
Peter is admitted to practice in the following courts and jurisdictions:
- District of Columbia
- California (inactive)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- District of Columbia Bar
- Successfully represented health-services provider in False Claims Act litigation before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Drafted numerous merits briefs, amicus briefs, and petitions for certiorari for a wide range of clients in the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Represented sovereign nation in proceedings to set aside $500 million arbitral award in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Represented large energy producer in D.C. Circuit proceedings to vacate order of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Drafted winning briefs on behalf of government contractor in successful Federal Circuit challenge to award of nine-figure aerospace-defense contract.
- Represented conglomerate of financial institutions in First Circuit appeals arising out of the largest bankruptcy in American history.
- Represented group of former United States Attorneys and Assistant United States Attorneys, as well former United States district judge, in en banc proceedings before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Washington, DC Rising Stars, Appellate, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2019