Norton Rose Fulbright's diversified transactional experience
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities lawyers have experience in representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents, selling shareholders and other market players in a wide range of capital markets transactions.
The securities team assists our clients in completing securities transactions to accomplish varying business objectives under different types of market conditions.
These transactions have included:
- initial public offerings
- follow-on offerings
- shelf registrations and takedowns
- registered direct offerings
- PIPE transactions and other private placements
- Rule 144A offerings
- investment grade and high-yield debt offerings
- establishing American Depositary Receipt facilities
- Regulation S offerings
- master limited partnerships
- international offerings
- rights offerings and other alternative capital raising transactions
- equity exchange offers, including underwater option exchanges
- debt securities exchange offers
- spin-offs and similar transactions
- issuer tender offers
- new listings on securities exchanges
- privately-negotiated debt and equity repurchases
- public and private resales
The securities team encompasses all aspects of capital market transactions.
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities lawyers have experience with structuring and planning advice, as well as guidance concerning due diligence, publicity and other elements of the offering process.
Lawyers in the securities team are skilled in the preparation of offering prospectuses and other disclosure documents and with advice concerning exchange listing procedures and corporate governance standards.
The securities team addresses SEC, FINRA and stock exchange or other trading market issues. Securities lawyers negotiate underwriting and purchase agreements, equity instruments, debt securities indentures and other operative documents.
We have more than 30 years of experience in the formation of, and public offerings by, master limited partnerships. Our clients include participants in the upstream, midstream and downstream segments of the energy industry, as well as in the shipping industry.
Norton Rose Fulbright has also represented both purchasers and sellers of assets and entities doing business in partnership form. We have experience in mergers, rollups and liquidations of public master limited partnerships and going private transactions involving these entities.
Norton Rose Fulbright's in-depth industry experience
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities team is complemented by the breadth of our industry experience:
- biological products
- business services
- consumer products
- energy (including upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services)
- engineering services
- internet services
- medical instruments
- publishing and media
- transportation services
Norton Rose Fulbright's long-term securities relationships
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities lawyers counsel public companies, guiding them through the complex issues related to their ongoing securities law compliance needs:
- SEC periodic reporting
- Regulation FD and other corporate communications issues
- shareholder meeting and investor relations matters
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance
- compliance with continuing listing requirements of stock exchanges
- SEC reporting by officers, directors and major shareholders
- shareholder rights plans and other anti-takeover measures
- equity-based compensation plans and executive compensation issues
- Rule 10b5-1 plans
- insider trading policies
- general advice to boards of directors and board committees
- corporate governance matters
We foster long-term relationships, serving companies in their early stage financings and growth initiatives, shepherding them through their initial public offerings and stock exchange listing, and then contributing to the evolution of their businesses as public companies.
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities-related team
Norton Rose Fulbright's securities lawyers draw from a diversified international legal team to assemble a team to fit each client's specific and changing needs.
Related services include:
- mergers and acquisitions
- intellectual property
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national ranking for securities/capital markets law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide: Securities: Shareholder Litigation, The Legal 500, 2015